Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ultrasonic Ping))) Total Cost Ownership — Parallax Forums

Ultrasonic Ping))) Total Cost Ownership

Hello! this is a bit of an odd post but I have a college project and I need to do a TCO analysis regarding what I use in my project
I want to use the ultrasonic ping))) but I cant find information regarding maintenance, any possible breakdowns or faultiness, or if there's a possibility to extend warranty. Any information would be great.
Would also like to inquire about the reliability of the ultrasonic ping)))!

Comments

• The Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor is the standard upon which the 4-pin Chinese clones were created. Our customers can speak to the long-term reliability of these sensors. We have them in applications which are well over 10 years old, operating all day.

If it fails, we'll replace it long after the warranty. But to sell you a warranty is something only Best Buy or on-line pirates would do. Buy the best and believe in Parallax to provide service our products long after your purchase.

Ken Gracey, CEO
    Parallax Inc.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    The Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor is the standard upon which the 4-pin Chinese clones were created. Our customers can speak to the long-term reliability of these sensors. We have them in applications which are well over 10 years old, operating all day.

If it fails, we'll replace it long after the warranty. But to sell you a warranty is something only Best Buy or on-line pirates would do. Buy the best and believe in Parallax to provide service our products long after your purchase.

Ken Gracey, CEO
    Parallax Inc.

+1. Every Parallax part/module I have purchased has worked when received and is still working in the field or in my workshop.
  • The only flaws I have ever found in Parallax products were an LCD with a blob in it and a BS2 with a broken pins. I broke the pins on the BS2 and I’m pretty sure I dinged up the screen on the LCD and caused the blob. Parallax provides the most reliable products I have ever seen!