Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Any distributor accepting pre-orders in Europe ? — Parallax Forums

Any distributor accepting pre-orders in Europe ?

inakiinaki Posts: 262
edited 2006-04-03 21:45 in Propeller 1
Recently it was shown·in the forum several Parallax distributors that·were attending a meeting about Propeller. Now that Parallax is getting pre-orders does anyone know about any distributor in Europe that is accepting pre-orders·for Propeller·?

Is it advisable to pre-order·in Parallax website directly instead of waiting for distributors here in Europe ?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2006-04-03 18:16
    Inaki,

It's up to your local distributor to order from Parallax. If they're paying attention there should be no delay in the time you obtain a Propeller chip from them vs. the time it takes to get one directly from Parallax. If you tell me the country I'll be able to tell you much more.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • inakiinaki Posts: 262
    edited 2006-04-03 18:22
    Thanks Ken,

my country is Spain.

The company where I usually buy Parallax stuff is MSE located in Bilbao.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-04-03 18:31
    Do you speak Dutch?

http://www.antratek.nl/Parallax_Propeller.html

I think they mention having received a couple of DIP40 issue Propellers, but as my Dutch is just as bad as my Greek...
    (nonexistant, in other words)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-03 18:46
    The folks at Antratek speak English well, and are incredibly nice. It has been my good fortune to visit their offices a couple times and work with them doing BASIC Stamp and Javelin training.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • inakiinaki Posts: 262
    edited 2006-04-03 19:39
    Well, eventually I have placed my Propeller order with Parallax.
    The bad side is that it is $69 of S&H smhair.gif

The funny thing is that I am pretty sure the guys at MSE (Parallax Distributor in my country), 5 minutes from where I am now,·have a true demo board sitting there !!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-04-03 20:16
    you didn't write in the comment field that you want them to ship with USPS?
    (They will do it if you ask nicely)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2006-04-03 21:45
    Inaki,

MSE is absolutely on the front end of the stocking situation. They were present at our distributor training in Holland two weeks ago and Ignacio himself walked away with a handful of extra Propeller DIPs, so you might as well pay them a personal visit. And it will always be cheaper to buy directly from your distributor, as you have just shown with your $69 shipping fee quoted from our on-line system. Of course, there's always USPS as Gadgetman mentions, but I can't see this saving you much time since we'll be shipping chips to our distributor first. Rely on your distributors for support and sales, unless you've found they only add cost and not value.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.