Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot extra parts — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot extra parts

ProsperoProspero Posts: 2
edited 2005-06-02 23:57 in Robotics
Hello,

I've just finished the "Robotics with the Boe-Bot" book and all the projects and there seems to be some surplus parts that are not mentioned in the book (namely 2 x 10·microfarad capacitors and two tact switches). Are these for some *secret* project that I don't know about or have they been included by mistake? (If it's the latter, I'm not sending them back!! lol.gif )

Secondly, I am looking for new things to do with my Beo-Bot. Some of the AppMods look good but has anybody done anything different that was cool and fun? I'm also looking for methods to upgrade the sample software, such as smoother motion and fancier AI.

Cheers.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-05-30 14:31
    The extra parts are part of a general list of components that we use in our educational program.· This allows you the benefit to expand on your own.· If you check out the "Projects" section of the forums you will see that some of our customers have added different features to their Boe-Bots that are interesting and fun.· We also have a·new book called "IR Remote for the Boe-Bot".· The IR·Remote text has a program in there that allows you to have 3 programs in one.· You can use IR remote for control, object advoidance, and object detection to·follow other moving objects.··You can download it for free from this link:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28139

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 5/30/2005 2:38:19 PM GMT
  • pcrobotpcrobot Posts: 103
    edited 2005-06-02 23:57
    I also would like to know of any cool projects to do with the BOE-Bot. I just completed construction on my BOE-Bot, and I'm about halfway through the "Robotics With The BOE-Bot" projects. I'm going to try to control it with a RC system and a PS2 contoller. I would like to get some (or all eventually) of the App Mods. But, I'm open to any suggestions or cool projects from experienced "Stampers." smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Robotics
    ro-bot-ics (noun)
    the science or technology of robots, their design, manufacture, application, use, etc.