Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cluso's P2 RetroBlade2 Single Chip Computer (small stock and build to order) - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

Cluso's P2 RetroBlade2 Single Chip Computer (small stock and build to order)

Comments

• Would also want one with the flash part. Will Paypal as such. Thanks in advance.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2020-11-07 00:36
    Flash problem
    In my rush to add the Flash footprint to the RetroBlade2 at the last minute, I forgot to connect the WP and HOLD pins to 3V3. :(
    This is going to require a tiny wire mod when fitting the Flash part.

Note I haven't soldered my flash part to my pcb yet so it's not been tested either.
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Flash problem
    In my rush to add the Flash footprint to the RetroBlade2 at the last minute, I forgot to connect the WP and HOLD pins to 3V3. :(

Note I haven't soldered my flash part to my pcb yet so it's not been tested either.

Are you going to change the pins of the USB ports to add the required 3 pin spacing in-between?
    hinv wrote: »
    Flash problem

Are you going to change the pins of the USB ports to add the required 3 pin spacing in-between?
    No. The pcb is done and I have 100 pcs and most parts. No show stoppers as far as I'm concerned.
    I can change the USB driver quite simply to move the extra pin(s) per USB port.
    edited 2020-11-08 04:18
    Oh. I thought they had to be neighboring pins. Excellent if they don't. What the ETA to USA for shipping if I order today?
    If i manage to build and test next w/e i can get them out mid following week. By post takes 14-28 days (usually 14-21) but we’re approaching xmas so don’t know if longer.
    If theee is enough, publison has offered to ship in the US but dont ghink theres enough to bother.
    I want one. Please reserve one for me. I would like to pay for FedEx, DHL, or UPS deliver too if possible. Mail deliver to the states has gotten pathetic.
    If i manage to build and test next w/e i can get them out mid following week. By post takes 14-28 days (usually 14-21) but we’re approaching xmas so don’t know if longer.
    If theee is enough, publison has offered to ship in the US but dont ghink theres enough to bother.

There probably will be a lot more interest after the Zoom call if you present it like Peter did his. I can't wait to play with TAQOZ, and CPM and MicroPython, etc. I would love it if publison distributed them.
    edited 2020-11-08 07:57
    I want one. Please reserve one for me. I would like to pay for FedEx, DHL, or UPS deliver too if possible. Mail deliver to the states has gotten pathetic.
    Unfortunately, every time I investigate Fedex or DHL, without an account (haven’t had one for >20 years) the costs are more than $100. Just cannot justify it.
    There is a faster AustPost that is more reasonable but it really doesn’t seem to work out much faster. I’ll chat with Peter (Tuesday as I’m working tomorrow) in case he has any ideas or we can share some cost.

What does mail within the US cost for 50gm and 100gm letter size 20mm thick cost? And how many days?
    A flat rate Priority Mail 2day envelope that would take more than 100g is about $7.75
    First class, I don't know hot to calculate. I couldn't seem to find anything cheaper on USPS.com.
    Sharing shipping cost with Peter? You mean he's actually going to ship soon enough not to slow you down? You sure about that? If so, I'll order one of his also then.
    Peter's brilliant, but he's about a year late shipping product because of all of his genius revisions.
    A flat rate Priority Mail 2day envelope that would take more than 100g is about $7.75
    First class, I don't know hot to calculate. I couldn't seem to find anything cheaper on USPS.com.
    Sharing shipping cost with Peter? You mean he's actually going to ship soon enough not to slow you down? You sure about that? If so, I'll order one of his also then.
    Peter's brilliant, but he's about a year late shipping product because of all of his genius revisions.
    We have the flat rate envelopes but they are internally within Australia :(
    I presume you are in the USA.

Yes, I think Peter is close. I often speak to him so I'll check with him.
  • I'll take one board plus RAM. I'm in the US. Thanks!!
    GHarris wrote: »
    I'll take one board plus RAM. I'm in the US. Thanks!!
    RAM? There is no RAM option so I presume you mean Flash?
    edited 2020-11-09 23:46
    Here are the current orders...
    I will put this up on the first post
  • I would like one board without flash.

USA

nglordi
    Here is my 4.0” LCD with 20 lines of 80 characters 6*8 font and 20 lies of 60 characters 8*8 font
    7C7E35A9-5025-4DB5-B74C-531BA09D08D8.jpeg
  • Very neat, Ray!
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    I sense a P2 Live Forum topic!

@Cluso99 let's get this scheduled.

Ken Gracey
    email sent :sunglasses:
    JonnyMac wrote: »
    Very neat, Ray!
    Thanks Jon!
    The first post has a list of orders.
    Could you check and if there's a "?" in either NoFlash or Flash column the please advise which.
    I need your country in case I send to Publison to ship out in the USA. Not so sure we can actually save any time with this tho.
  • I want one for me:
    QTY: 1
    Flash: Yes
  • Hi Ray,
    To update mine: Flash: yes, Country: USA

Cheers,
    Jesse
  • DaveJenson country USA.

Did you say where to send payment?
    and Cost?
  • Looks like we have 10 , (when I pay for mine), going to US. Should be good for a bulk order that I can distribute. Canada is included.
  • DaveJenson wrote: »
    DaveJenson country USA.

and Cost?
    Cost will be via PayPal in USD, US$40 without Flash, US$45 with W25Q128JVSIQ (16MB) and US$5 unregistered airmail post from Australia (you take the risk).

I don't have his PayPal account. If I distribute in US, it will cost ~$2.00 for Postage and bubble envelope, but we will save on bulk shipping.
  • @Publison

So do i pay you ($47) via your paypal or do I pay @Cluso99 ($45)?
  • DaveJenson wrote: »
    @Publison

So do i pay you ($47) via your paypal or do I pay @Cluso99 ($45)?

You would pay @Cluso99 first for now. I will ask for the $2.00 later when I have all the shipping addresses and product in the US. Still have to figure the bulk shipping charge. Could be that people will pay for the product to Cluso99 and I will pay for bulk shipping then divide it up later for US orders.

Maybe we will talk about it on the Zoom meeting tonight.
    edited 2020-11-11 21:23
    Can bulk ship to US :)
    Cost is A$39 500g so about 10-15 boards IIRC. They say 2-4 wkg days but slower with Covid.

Please be patient and wait for payment instructions - trying to get production done and a zoom meetup first.
    And please update orders here, not by PM thanks - better for me to go to one place.

Please check your order is correct on the first post.
    edited 2020-11-11 21:22
    DaveJenson wrote: »
    DaveJenson country USA.

and Cost?

Presume without Flash? OK just saw price so no flash :)
    I'm on Tennessee.
    The first post has a list of orders.
    Could you check and if there's a "?" in either NoFlash or Flash column the please advise which.
    I need your country in case I send to Publison to ship out in the USA. Not so sure we can actually save any time with this tho.

Please include flash for mine. Tell me when & where to pay.