Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
US Distribution of Peter's P2D2 Board - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

US Distribution of Peter's P2D2 Board

13»

Comments

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Dave Hein wrote: »
    Is there an estimate for the date when the Parallax P2 boards will be available?

They should be ready when the Amkor-packaged chips come in. That is November 8th.
  • cgracey wrote: »
    They should be ready when the Amkor-packaged chips come in. That is November 8th.

Will you/Ken be gathering names, info for purchase/sending those boards out?
    I would like one of those boards ASAP!
    ...but like others, I will need a fully populated board. I only have base essential equipment and I would rather not screw-up my first board :-)

J
  • Cluso99 wrote: »
    Are they for Chip???

I made sure Chip did not need any more before I posted above.
  • I still have six of Peter's P2D2 boards, (not populated), available for US and Canada. PM me with your address.
    Dave Hein wrote: »
    Is there an estimate for the date when the Parallax P2 boards will be available?

Are the next group of P2 chips still targeted for coming in on the 8th? That's only 2 days from now. How are the P2 boards going?
  • I wonder how many chips will be left over for use with P2D2 boards, after Eval boards are done.
    We were talking about this yesterday at Parallax. We should have 20 chips for P2D2 boards.
    We were talking about this yesterday at Parallax. We should have 20 chips for P2D2 boards.

Chip, do you need any more P2D2 boards? I still have 5 unclaimed.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    Publison wrote: »
    Chip, do you need any more P2D2 boards? I still have 5 unclaimed.
    Peter is doing another revision, I think. So I'd guess those 20 P2's go onto the latest P2D2 ?

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-11-06 23:36
    I guess that's up to Chip, but there are 8 people with Rev A boards that are awaiting chips. Rev A works as Peter has shown.
    I can distribute the new rev but I have not gotten them yet.
    I think Peter can best decide where those chips go. Peter, where do you want them?
  • I PM'd Peter a couple of days ago about this topic and have my hand up for one of his newer P2D2 boards so I can test my carrier PCB I'm designing for it and start to play with some HDMI hopefully but I'm hoping for one of those 20 P2 chips if available. The Parallax board won't cut it so much for me in this case.
    I think Peter can best decide where those chips go. Peter, where do you want them?

I definitely want chips so could all those who are interested in the revised P2D2 with all the latest mods etc let me know how many you want and then I can get them made up and shipped out. For those who are interested I will also have my dev board for these to plug into but either way you can use the P2. More details by next as I finalize the design.

I definitely want chips so could all those who are interested in the revised P2D2 with all the latest mods etc let me know how many you want and then I can get them made up and shipped out. For those who are interested I will also have my dev board for these to plug into but either way you can use the P2. More details by next as I finalize the design.
    Your P2D2 board sounds quite cool but if I can only get one P2 chip I guess I'd like it on the official Parallax board. I'll definitely want one of your P2D2 boards once I can get a second chip, probably when the production chips arrive.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    I am just guessing here...

Us ozzies have some P2D2 boards with chips already. Those sharing or without (Rodger etc) would like either a Parallax or new P2D2.

We could probably all share one Parallax board, so if we find a problem, then we can share the board to find a fix.

Only if there is a chip available, then I'd like a new P2D2. But I already have a current P2D2, so I definitely don't want to be greedy. Peter is planning to have a few plugin options that would be nice, but I/we can build those for the existing P2D2 too.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-11-07 21:24
    David Betz wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »

Your P2D2 board sounds quite cool but if I can only get one P2 chip I guess I'd like it on the official Parallax board. I'll definitely want one of your P2D2 boards once I can get a second chip, probably when the production chips arrive.

David, I'm sitting on 5 P2D2's. I'll send you one just to have. I have no takers since Peter was doing a rev 2. I have your address.

That leaves 4 for anybody else...

And a few dozen of Peter's LCD displays... :)
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    David, I'm sitting on 5 P2D2's. I'll send you one just to have. I have no takers since Peter was doing a rev 2. I have your address.

Would Parallax want to pick & place the P2D2 Next Rev, with the 20 allocated P2 chips ? - this ensures lowest wastage, and makes sure working boards are out there.
    edited 2018-11-07 21:36
    jmg wrote: »

Would Parallax want to pick & place the P2D2 Next Rev, with the 20 allocated P2 chips ? - this ensures lowest wastage, and makes sure working boards are out there.

We might already have it mostly programmed into our pick&place machine. We'd need some more parts, probably. I'll talk to Ken about it. I think, in any case, we'd need to send them to Peter for testing and any required tweaking, in case we did something wrong.
  • Publison wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »

And a few dozen of Peter's LCD displays... :)
    I guess I'd be happy to receive one but I'd just have to add it to my museum of Parallax artifacts since it is highly unlikely that I would ever try to populate it.

We might already have it mostly programmed into our pick&place machine. We'd need some more parts, probably. I'll talk to Ken about it. I think, in any case, we'd need to send them to Peter for testing and any required tweaking, in case we did something wrong.

I would think Peter would rather just assemble himself. It's worth asking him.
    Cluso99 wrote: »

That would be way easier on us.

That's fine by me, I will have a stencil made up for the new boards.

That's fine by me, I will have a stencil made up for the new boards.

Ok. Thanks, Peter.
    Otherwise I can always assemble them as I have a reflow oven. But I am certain Peter would do it.
  • YES. I have been waiting for over 5 years, since it was announced.