Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ST7735 Driver for Propeller — Parallax Forums

ST7735 Driver for Propeller

Armstrong SuberoArmstrong Subero Posts: 2
edited 2018-04-01 06:54 in Propeller 1
Hey guys, I recently switched from the PIC32 to Propellor (couldn't handle Microchip depreciating plib in favor of "harmony", and my USB stack I spent months on a few years ago to get the PIC32MX230F064B to be a device and host, dosen't run on the same member of the family the PIC32MX270F256D now, all my work down the drain!!!, I still love them for PIC16, 18 and 24, just they must clean up their software for PIC32).

Anyway, The Propellor is Amazing! I'm addicted to the clean coding and "drag and drop" of objects! I'm new to Spin and still trying to wrap my head around it, I looked on OBEX and the forums for a driver for the ST7735 LCD but couldn't find any, anyone have any they're willing to share!?

I know people say "write your own" etc, but I'm burned out from the PIC32 verse and writing and rewriting, I just want code..lol

If no one has code, I could write a driver in C, then I would lose all the objects I've grown fond of in Spin..

If no one has a driver, could you tell me how do you call C code from Spin or Spin code from C, then I could write the driver in C and call it from Spin, which would be awesome, or still have the Speech synthesis and stuff in Spin but call it from C...thanks!!

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    There is spin2c or other way around. I've not used it. Perhaps someone will chime in on where to find the thread and code.
    I'll have a quick look at the LCD spec as perhaps it's similar to others that have been done.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Just checked and it's a SPI interface and 128x160 pixel 1.8" TFT LCD.

If you search for 1.44" LCD you'll find my driver for a similar SPI display. This may work, or you might need to tweek it by using that as a base.
  • Hmm thanks I'll check it out