Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
*SOLVED*Having trouble loading program into BS2*SOLVED* — Parallax Forums

*SOLVED*Having trouble loading program into BS2*SOLVED*

LearnerLearner Posts: 4
edited 2006-12-24 00:13 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everybody,

I'm having trouble loading a program into the BS2. When I try to load a program into the BS2, I get the error "No BASIC stamps found". I searched this forum and found that you have to uncheck "FIFO Buffers Enabled" in order to fix this problem. However, I'm having trouble finding where it saids "FIFO Buffers Enabled"

Here is what I did:
I went to Device Manager>USB Serial Port(COM4, this is the port the BS2 is connected to)>Port Settings>Advanced

Yet I do not see "FIFO Buffers Enabled" anywhere, I tried to browse around different tabs in the port as well but could not find it. Could someone help me?

I'm using a USB to Serial (RS-232) Adapter to connect to the USB port in my laptop. I have downloaded/installed the FTDI Drivers for the usb port.

Post Edited (Learner) : 12/24/2006 12:18:43 AM GMT

Comments

• kb2hapkb2hap Posts: 218
    edited 2006-12-23 13:54
    The FIFO buffer is only if you are using a serial port directly on you computer, not a usb->serial converter.
    without any other info I would have to say make sure everything has a good connection, make sure the drivers work properly, make sure your bs2 is powered properly, ect. I'm not sure if you have any other serial devices but you could try the converter on them to verify if that part of the setup is operational. also make sure no other device is trying to use that port.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DTQ
  • LearnerLearner Posts: 4
    edited 2006-12-24 00:13
    Well I got it working now. What I did was unplug everything, then plugged everything back. I'm guessing it was one of the connections. Thanks anyway kb2hap!