Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial connection problem — Parallax Forums

Serial connection problem

conscienceconscience Posts: 2
edited 2006-04-27 14:36 in BASIC Stamp
Hi guys,

I was mucking around with this stamp about 6 months ago and all was well. I've just come back to it now to fiddle with it some more but I can't get it to be recognised by the PBASIC editor anymore through the serial connection (using Identify). Here's how its setup, I've marked on it what voltages I tested and the results while I was trying to figure out what was wrong myself, but I might be doing something dumb:

stamp_problem.jpg

If I join pins 6 and 7 on the serial cable together I get a loopback shown in identify, but I can't get it to recognise the stamp itself or get an echo. Also, I have a different stamp on a development board which when plugged into the same serial cable works fine. I'm thinking the stamp might be dead, but I thought I'd ask here before I chucked it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-04-27 10:17
    Your picture appears to show Netmedia's BX24 microcontroller, not a Parallax Basic Stamp. For support, try www.basicx.com
  • conscienceconscience Posts: 2
    edited 2006-04-27 11:18
    I was...err...just testing.

(thanks man, works fine with the basic X software)
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-27 14:26
    You'll find a schematic of the Parallax programming connection attached.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    772 x 583 - 8K
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-04-27 14:36
    Jon has offered you our connection diagram (which was generous), however that is the extent to which we will allow replies since your post is off-topic in our forums.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com