Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax Inc on Mirc Chat — Parallax Forums

Parallax Inc on Mirc Chat

BatmanBatman Posts: 93
edited 2005-12-29 06:46 in General Discussion
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

··· I think Parallax should have a chat system, thats why am suggesting mirc chat.
Many website is using mirc chat, and i spend most of my time there on this yugioh server. Millions of people are using mirc chat all over the world. First Parallax need to·get a server.

Check out mirc at www.mirc.com
And no you dont need to pay to use mirc, it is FREEEEE.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Soon i will rule the world with my new Batman Technology

·I Will Have So much Power that EVIL WIll Fear ME
·································· HO HO HO You Are Doomed
···································Laughing Out Loud·

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2005-12-26 21:45
    Batman,

If you could contact us on a live chat system for support you'd never learn everything. It would end up working like this with a live chat system:

(a) You ask us a question
    (b) We answer you, and show you where it provides the answer in a book or document (these are easy to read)
    (c) You get it to work, and ask another question
    (d) We go back to (b) and do it all over again, repeating the process until one of us tires out

It's really not productive to learn this way. It feeds us all in the direction of instant response / instant satisfaction and encourages us to think ahead about two minutes at a time. If we could live without a Mirc chat system we'd be able to continue to provide good support. With it, all of our staff will be busy chatting on-line forever.

Ken
  • BatmanBatman Posts: 93
    edited 2005-12-26 22:03
    Thats why you need Mods on the server, Ircops,Owner's (~), Super operators (&), Operators (@), Half operators (%), Voice's (+). Have diffrent channels like a #helpdesk (Help Channel), #Parallax (main Channel).

And so on
    I used to be a Mod Trainee on the yugioh server.·There are·over 300 people on the server, and over 150 on the main channel (#yvd). There is a help channel called #helpdesk, where i was working, and other chans like #report, #rulings, #ladderadmins, and more.

Also user created chans/Clan Chan.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Soon i will rule the world with my new Batman Technology

·I Will Have So much Power that EVIL WIll Fear ME
    ·································· HO HO HO You Are Doomed
    ···································Laughing Out Loud

Post Edited (Batman) : 12/26/2005 10:12:03 PM GMT
  • SN96SN96 Posts: 318
    edited 2005-12-28 13:50
    Batman,

You are not listening to Ken's main point. It's not whether or not it can be setup, rather, it is about the resources of the Parallax staff. If they·dedicated their time·to a chat system, the overhead cost would go up and in turn, so would the products of Parallax. A lot more accurate information can be delivered via message boards due to the ability to post images and the extra time we have to compose our message with the ability to edit as well. Chat systems are done on the fly, and you don't have the same time to think about what you want to say which can lead to confusion.

My advice to you is to learn how to think out side the atom and try to look at the bigger picture of things.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike

·
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-12-28 13:54
    Also, these forums are archived. This means there's an option provided that allows the non-lazy to search the forum for their topic of interest, rather than reposting the same message over and over again. (call it research)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2005-12-28 16:50
    ...And if you thought that "normal" fora display a lack of spelling/grammar skills...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Truly Understand the Fundamentals and the Path will be so much easier...
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-12-29 06:46
    Batman,
    I really hate to see arrogant, overly self confident youths trying to just pull all the levers and test all the switches.
    Mostly I suppose because I was one and it really wasted a lot of time and energy - not all my own.

You may have noticed the 'THUMBS DOWN' icon in the upper right hand side of each message box.
    That is Parallax's IGNORE button.

If you want to go to chat rooms and kill time in witty role play, that is your pleasure.
    This is an EDUCATIONAL ELECTRONICS FORUM and not some kind of interactive game.

Ken already has expressed a strong desire to help you get into learning through sorting out what you really need to use the BasicStamp.· I cannot think of a more generous CEO.

I think it is time for you to consider where you want to go.

Slowly more and more people will just hit the Ignore Button [noparse][[/noparse]it is kind of like having everyone leave a chat room when you log on]

In other words, try to be just an average guy amongst many others.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 12/29/2005 6:51:38 AM GMT