Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to locate information previously documented. — Parallax Forums

How to locate information previously documented.

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2014-02-10 05:46 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,
I want to see if I can create a device with a BasicStamp that can mix two channels of a R/C receiver.

I believe that somewhere in the Nuts and Volts articles is an example of using the BasicStamp to receive and re-sent the PWM from an R/C receiver.

My problem is that I seem to not know how to properly search for it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Comments

• RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
    edited 2005-12-03 17:46
    Kramer,
    I do not know if you have heard that Google has a "Google Desktop Search" program. Granted, this would take a lot of time to set up, but once you have a database of N&V articles, I think that you could do a search using a word or a phrase to look for what you want and need. I am not sure if this post gets you into the ballpark sort of speak.
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2005-12-03 20:33
    Google desktop search doesn't take long to set-up, and it's pretty automatic. If you use it, however, be aware that using advanced options provides some form of feedback to Google, which may expose certain private information. But once it's going, it works fairly well.

Another option here is that since the Parallax downloads are in PDF format, you can use the Acrobat Reader to search the files. The Search dialog gives you the option to search a single open file, or all of the PDFs in a particular folder.
  • Joe FishbackJoe Fishback Posts: 99
    edited 2005-12-04 01:08
    Kramer,

I have a BOE-BOT that I am controlling with R/C. I am mixing the input from two channels to control the BOT's travel. I posted·two posts·under "Projects" on about 8/24/05 intitled "Super BOE-BOT" and "Super BOE-BOT Code". Hope this be of help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ······ Joe Fishback

-Robots are my friends-
  • TiboTibo Posts: 81
    edited 2005-12-04 01:23
    googling "Nuts and Volts" RC receiver,
    I found this look at APRIL 2002 :
    Nuts and Volts said...
    Code listings 1, 2, and 3 from the article "Interfacing an RC Receiver," by Michael Simpson.
    Here is the link
    The first code should be an answer to you
    ++
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-12-04 07:33
    Thanks to all.
    I have Google Desktop.· Downloading ALL the Nuts and Volts would take some time and space.

I knew there was something that I just overlooked.

I found that there are TWO search engines at Parallax. One is the Forum search engine and the other is the Regular web site search engine. The Regular search engine searches all the the available downloads.

And finally, it always helps to ask. I just couldn't think of the right terms to use in a search. 'RC' alone gets you tangle in filters and time delays. 'Airplane' only found two articles.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 12/4/2005 9:22:23 AM GMT
  • TiboTibo Posts: 81
    edited 2005-12-04 16:07
    The key to a pertinent full text search is to use pertinents key words [noparse];)[/noparse]
    So I suggest you first try to find all occurences (combinatory ? English is not my mother tongue..) of the context and play with those words.
    Happy to help
    ++
  • trookstrooks Posts: 228
    edited 2014-02-09 17:20
    Hello,
    I want to see if I can create a device with a BasicStamp that can mix two channels of a R/C receiver.

I believe that somewhere in the Nuts and Volts articles is an example of using the BasicStamp to receive and re-sent the PWM from an R/C receiver.

My problem is that I seem to not know how to properly search for it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

When at the top of the Forums page look in the upper right corner for a small white box.
    Type a few key words and click on the magnifier.
    Also note the keywords in the post that it directs you to.

It took me a while to figure this out but it has helped me be much quieter on the forums.<Big Silly Grin>
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2014-02-10 05:46
    In your zeal to "help", trooks, you replied to a subject over 8 years old.