Newton's Cradle Automated

Just for fun...

(Moving toward my ultimate project of automating some church bells!)

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Nice, just let it run in the office for white noise... until someone loses it. haha :)
    Joshua Donelson
  • JD wrote: »
    Nice, just let it run in the office for white noise... until someone loses it. haha :)

I haven't taken it to work yet, but you're right, it will be cute the first 3 min, then someone might pull the batteries when I'm not looking!

• Excellent!

Should be as annoying as hell.

I love the way it stops all the balls swinging around before it starts the next cycle.

• gpierson wrote: »
    JD wrote: »
    Nice, just let it run in the office for white noise... until someone loses it. haha :)

I haven't taken it to work yet, but you're right, it will be cute the first 3 min, then someone might pull the batteries when I'm not looking!

A Newton's cradle is too hard to hide. A 556 dual timer "cricket" circuit is much more fun, especially when hidden in one of the air vents.
    In science there is no authority. There is only experiment.
    Life is unpredictable. Eat dessert first.
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,937
    Nice magnetic auto-release!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso