Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax = education — Parallax Forums

Parallax = education

Parallax has always pushed education but more recently with Blockly Prop Parallax is going the extra mile to make education (priority) the most important part of thier business plan. What could be more important then the education of our children???

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Fresh water, sanitation, safety, sanitation, health... :)

• Here in the UK, once local council only lifted their ban on Life of Brian in 2015.
  • Education is key to our joint future, absolutely.
    Also, on a not serious note - "Blessed are the cheesemakers". L of B banned before 2015? Wow. I remember a certain religious affiliation's leaders were very upset about L of B back in 1979, didn't realize there were still some satire challenged people out there.
    pmrobert wrote: »
    I remember a certain religious affiliation's leaders were very upset about L of B back in 1979...

Ha... they should have saved their energetic objections for "The Da Vinci Code"!

• You guys have completely side tracked Paul's (a Parallax employee), thread.
  • Oh "yes" wise Publison, but even if not a Parallax employee I would still have fallen on the side of thiscompany and what they stand for.
  • Life of Brian? Comedy genus!
  • ASKME wrote: »
    Oh "yes" wise Publison, but even if not a Parallax employee I would still have fallen on the side of thiscompany and what they stand for.

As long as the OP is good with the response, I'm good. :)

Most excellent, Paul. Apologies for derailing your thread.

Agreed, education is paramount at Parallax. Head & shoulders above the rest. Speaking of which, what's the dealio with dandruff shampoos...? :)

Now when is the next Parallax party/expo to fire up the current crop of kids? That 2012 Robotics Expo is a fabulous but distant memory. It was so awesome to meet many people from the Forum there. Must we wait for P2? Surely that deserves another party!
  • Did somebody mention Parallax Expo? We're considering such an event for April, but only if erco promises to put it on his calendar.
    edited 2017-08-27 15:51
    Really and for true? Done! Now rally the troops! Wanna have pizza & beer with Whit & Duane & Martin & Keith & Matt & PhiPi & Jim & Mike & Tracy & Chip & you & Rick & Tommy & Andy & Andrew & Rich & Jon & Gordon & Dave & David & Carol & Amanda & Joe & Chris & Mark & Bill & Jeff and.... wow, that's a LOT of beers. After that many brewskis, I'll make even less sense than normal. And I left out a lot of folks, so this better be a week long event.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Hmm...Parallax, Propellers and beer. I'm in.
  • I'm in, just a flight away from where I move to. Probably Nashville unless Ken offers me a job. :)
    Heater, it would be FABULOUS to see you there. Have you made the pilgrimage to Rocklin yet on any recent visits?

@Ken: I notice the photo links are dead at https://www.parallax.com/news/2012-04-17/parallax-expo-was-huge-success . Time to get those pics back online and make some announcements so people can plan 2018 accordingly. Not all of us can drive there on a whim. And by all means, please offer Jim a job! :)
    Sadly no. I have been in Mountain view all summer but it's been so hectic and busy I have had almost no time and/or energy to go anywhere much. Looks like I'm heading back across the pond on Wednesday :(

Closest I ever made it to Rocklin was my visit to Chip in Red Bluff last year. A fabulous weekend I might add.

As for an Expo next spring. We shall see.... If our plans come together I will be State side more next year....

Heck, I don't have any recent projects to show off...
  • Enjoy the heatwave before your return. Back to Risc V?
    Heater. wrote: »
    Heck, I don't have any recent projects to show off...

Jeepers. You only have 8 months. Get crackin'!

erco,
    Jeepers. You only have 8 months. Get crackin'!
    Yeah, but, I don't have a P2 to play with either :(

Heater. wrote: »
    Yeah, but, I don't have a P2 to play with either :(

That's a defeatist attitude. So glue two P's together.

Done.

Nooo....I'll end up like Humanoido!

;)

You are right though. Constraints are a challenge and an inspiration.

• Heater. wrote: »
    Nooo....I'll end up like Humanoido!

;)

You are right though. Constraints are a challenge and an inspiration.

LOL

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Did somebody mention Parallax Expo? We're considering such an event for April, but only if erco promises to put it on his calendar.
    Sounds great! I hope I can make it.

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    erco wrote: »
    Really and for true? Done! Now rally the troops! Wanna have pizza & beer with Whit & Duane & Martin & Keith & Matt & PhiPi & Jim & Mike & Tracy & Chip & you & Rick & Tommy & Andy & Andrew & Rich & Jon & Gordon & Dave & David & Carol & Amanda & Joe & Chris & Mark & Bill & Jeff and.... wow, that's a LOT of beers. After that many brewskis, I'll make even less sense than normal. And I left out a lot of folks, so this better be a week long event.

2018 will make five years since the last one, and nine years since the first. I'll be there for the reunion!

• erco wrote: »

Heh... what could go wrong?

• Heater. wrote: »
    Hmm...Parallax, Propellers and beer. I'm in.
    +1
    Well worth the LONG trip from Oz for that. :)

• Unfortunately I quit drinking but I'm definitely in it for the Pizza. Party!!!
  • ASKME wrote: »
    Unfortunately I quit drinking but I'm definitely in it for the Pizza. Party!!!
    Unfortunately I am lactose intolerant so unless there is some cheese less I am out for the pizza too. However, I will be working on a way to get there for some face time with all.
    Jim

• Another Parallax Expo?, sounds good to me, count me there...
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Did somebody mention Parallax Expo? We're considering such an event for April, but only if erco promises to put it on his calendar.

• Maybe Erco, Xanadu, and I will come up in Erco's Corvair. I'll even buy a six-pack of replacement fan belts for the trip.
  • Maybe Erco, Xanadu, and I will come up in Erco's Corvair. I'll even buy a six-pack of replacement fan belts for the trip.

No problem, I am sure one is able to rent a flat-bed-trailer near LA.

corvair on flat-bed, 2 in the corvair and one in the truck to pull it.

change places every hour...

MIke