Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Sayonara Robot Magazine — Parallax Forums

Sayonara Robot Magazine

ercoerco Posts: 20,244
From the SERVO magazine newsletter:

It has come to our attention through several sources that Maplegate Media, publishers of Robot Magazine (RM), has closed up shop. While, as subscribers ourselves, we have heard no formal announcement from Maplegate, the signs seem to point to it being true. It always saddens us to hear of the demise of any magazine and we hope there is some plan in the works to save it.

That's a shame. Carol mentioned that they were not responsive to calls & emails a while back. Print publications are struggling in this Internet age. Now, more than ever, SERVO magazine needs great content from you guys. Please consider writing articles, even on finished but interesting projects. Editor Robin is great to work with, and it's nice to earn beer & parts money for work you were gonna do anyway!

Comments

• Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2017-03-11 20:47
    Well, while I subscribed to Robot, I always preferred SERVO.

As far as content goes, "Serving Raspberry Pi #10" should be in the April issue, coming RSN :)

(and as it is talking about 4WD motor calibration on a RoboPi+Pi it is Propeller oriented <smile>)
  • erco wrote: »
    That's a shame. Carol mentioned that they were not responsive to calls & emails a while back.

She told her friends Robot Magazine was gone last month. You need to do something to get back on her Christmas card list.

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Ha, I missed that thread. I was too busy making robots for NYTF to read about ROBOT going belly up.