Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can a Mac computer be used with "What's a Microcontroller?" — Parallax Forums

Can a Mac computer be used with "What's a Microcontroller?"

jsjvcsjsjvcs Posts: 1
edited 2014-06-24 20:03 in BASIC Stamp
I would appreciate any information and experience on using a Mac computer with with a Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or newer operating system to support "What's a Microcontroller?"
Thank you,
Jim

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-06-24 12:39
    jsjvcs wrote: »
    I would appreciate any information and experience on using a Mac computer with with a Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or newer operating system to support "What's a Microcontroller?"
    Thank you,
    Jim

Welcome to the forum!

There is a third party application in the downloads section:

http://www.parallax.com/downloads/basic-stamp-editor-software

Try it out and report back if it works for you.

Jim
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-06-24 14:24
    Unfortunately that won't work with the latest O/S (Lion), however I know some of our members are using Wine or Parallels or something similar to accomplish this. Perhaps one of them can weigh in?
  • dgatelydgately Posts: 1,629
    edited 2014-06-24 14:42
    Unfortunately that won't work with the latest O/S (Lion), however I know some of our members are using Wine or Parallels or something similar to accomplish this. Perhaps one of them can weigh in?

WHA??? "latest" O/S (Lion)...? \

As Publison mentioned: http://www.parallax.com/downloads/ba...ditor-software

MacBS2 runs just fine on a "recent" Mac OS X versions (10.9.3 Mavericks). I use an Intel MacBook Pro 15" and always test tools against latest versions of the OS... No need for Parallels, VMWare or Virtual Box!

MacBS2.png

dgately
    623 x 838 - 169K
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-06-24 14:46
    Thanks for the follow-up. I wasn't aware it was working on newer version or that there even was a version newer than Lion.
  • dgatelydgately Posts: 1,629
    edited 2014-06-24 15:09
    Thanks for the follow-up. I wasn't aware it was working on newer version or that there even was a version newer than Lion.

Two versions! (Mountain Lion was the previous release, before Mavericks)

:innocent:

dgately
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-06-24 15:45
    As posted here:
    http://www.muratnkonar.com/otherstuff/macbs2/

He just did an upgrade last year.

It should run on Versions previous to 10.7. The OP was running a previous version.

Good to know it runs on 10.9.3.

My latest MacII SE is 7.5. and my MacBook color has just died. :)
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
    edited 2014-06-24 20:03
    I use MacBS2 on my iMac w/Mavericks. Works pretty well, except for a occasional crash. Not sure why it does that, but it's not a huge issue and it's nice to be able to program the Prop & BS2 on the same machine.

@