Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp software usb / com port issues — Parallax Forums

Stamp software usb / com port issues

FORDFORD Posts: 221
edited 2011-03-09 15:28 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,
Sorry if I'm being lazy not searching, but am under the pump today and dont have time to browse...

Is there some info around to solve an issue on Win7 where I have to continually remove / replace my Parallax USB - serial adaptor to get it to program ?
I get (Basic stamp not found) , then disconnect - wait - reconnect and all is ok.
This happens every time I reopen the stamp editor.

I have turned the serial enumertaor OFF in the com port settings, still does it.

Any help appreciated,

cheers,

Chris,
West Oz.

Comments

• vaclav_salvaclav_sal Posts: 451
    edited 2011-03-08 19:37
    Just learned that some folks have problems with web cams displays freezing due to Windows OS turning the USB port to "save power " mode. I would guess it may do that when the USB port itself is powered by the OS and not via external power souce. ( I have not looked into that in details yet).The solution is to turn the power saving option off in OS. I believe it is done in USB hub - not in the port itself. In XP in Device Manager.
    This may be asame issue, Worth trying.
    I am also looking into posibility that the USB adapter is activating ( for just for described or other reasons) the Stamp "brownout detector" stopping the processor thus no reply is received.
    Cheers
    Vaclav
  • FORDFORD Posts: 221
    edited 2011-03-08 22:52
    Thank you vaclav, I will try that :)
  • Ken SwinneyKen Swinney Posts: 12
    edited 2011-03-09 15:28
    I am having a similar problem with some laptops.running XP. When I run the ID utility it shows the comm port is "in use". Your suggestion seems to help.
    ken