Okey guys here it is, an emulation of the famous sound chip used in the Commodore 64 !
Download the zip file and run "ExamplePlayroutine.spin" and "ExampleSidDumpPlay.spin".
"ExampleSidDumpPlay.spin" needs a SD card and the file "Russian.dmp" in the root of the card.
There are two different versions of SIDcog:
- If you want a more accurate emulation of the SID use "SIDcog". (playback of C64 SID dump files)
- If you want a small footprint use "SIDcog_Lite". (uses 63% of the space compared to SIDcog)
The only difference between the two versions at the moment are the combined waveform support in "SIDcog".
SIDcog version 0.80 features:
- Runs in one cog - totally self contained.
- 31kHz sample rate.
- >16bit resolution.
- Full filter support - any combination of Lowpass, Bandpass and Highpass filter.
- Full envelope support with a logarithmic release/decay curve. ( uses the same logarithmic approximation as a real SID)
- Supports all 4 waveform types
- Combined waveform support ( Not supported in SIDcog Lite )
- 16 steps main volume.
- Waveform reset bit works. (many Rob Hubbard tunes relies on this exact behaviour)
- Ring modulation.
- Oscillator synchronization.
- Can be "programmed" in the EXACT same way as a real SID. (Have a look at the official SID documentation for a better understanding)
- Possibillity to smoothly schange the filter resonance amount value (partly implemented thanks to Ariba)
BTW, if you have missed the initial SIDcog demo have a look at http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=855167
Here is a link to an archive containing the SID dumper
Download SIDcog serial player
to play SID-tunes via a serial link to a propeller running SIDcog.
Post Edited (Ahle2) : 6/14/2010 6:35:43 PM GMT