Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Object Detector — Parallax Forums

Object Detector

Joe NgJoe Ng Posts: 3
edited 2008-03-11 22:57 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi all, i have just brought the stamps in class kit. I want to built the object detector using ultrasonic·range finder·and micro vibration motor. Once the it detect the object, the vibration motor virbrates. Can anyone help me.. i m totally new. Any one can suggest a piece of code to testing the vibration motor. Thanks

Post Edited (Joe Ng) : 3/11/2008 7:37:45 AM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-03-11 14:29
    Download the Industrial Control tutorial. There's a section in it on controlling motors and solenoids with a Stamp (around page 90?) with sample circuits. Usually the motor gets turned on when the I/O pin used is made high using some kind of output statement (like HIGH ... read the Basic manual chapter on this).

Typically with a project like this, you start with an existing sample program, like those for the PING and modify it to suit your purposes as you understand how it works.
  • Joe NgJoe Ng Posts: 3
    edited 2008-03-11 21:26
    Hi Mike, I can't find where to download the Industrial Control tutorial in the homepage. can you pls provide me the link? Thanks
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-03-11 22:57
    Try looking here (Support / Downloads / Stamps in Class Downloads):[noparse][[/noparse]url]http://www.parallax.com/tabid/535/Default.aspx
    [noparse][[/noparse]/url]
    ·