+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Test

Default Test

Made you look!

Just seeing if test posts here increase post count.

Edit: Yes they do.
    "Give a man an inch, and right away he thinks he's a ruler." Maxwell Smart

Default Re: Test

Quote Originally Posted by erco View Post
    Made you look!

Just seeing if test posts here increase post count.

Edit: Yes they do.
    Of course they count. Why else would I have so many posts in the test forum?

There isn't anything past VIP is there? It's obvious why I'm making this post (as a non-important person) but why would a VIP hang out in the dregs of the forum with us riffraff?

Excuse me while I go make 2, 319 test posts.

I think most of my posts are test posts. ;(
    Some times my mind seems to wander..... these days I just tag along.

Good times in the test forum. Grab a cold one and kick your feet up. Sit a spell!

Taking a break from soldering. Cool project afoot.

..Taking a break from soldering. ..
    I just might, I burned my finger anyway.

Sign me up to buy "aFoot" when it's available.
    Some times my mind seems to wander..... these days I just tag along.

Quote Originally Posted by doggiedoc
    I burned my finger anyway.
    Ouch! I know the feeling. 'Had the desoldering tool cranked up to 900F a couple weeks ago to remove some swollen caps form a lead-free mobo. 'Grabbed the wrong end and got the "second degree." (Replacing the caps didn't help, BTW. I'm now reinstalling apps on a new Win7 shop computer. This will take days!)

-Phil
    “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” –Muhammad Ali

Taking a break from soldering. Cool project afoot.
    Finished before midnight and enjoying a cool one now. http://forums.parallax.com/showthrea...r-Pan-amp-Tilt

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I thought it would better this one than jazzed's "EVE" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttailspin View Post
    Captain Obvious says:

The Bear never stops moving after stepping onto the ball. Each leg adding weight to the side of the ball that needs it at that moment.

A 'Grippy' rubber ball, "in theory", could/should be able to climb an obstacle that is Less than half the height of the rubber ball.
    A smooth Billiard ball might not have the traction needed.

Interesting to me, is that the ball stops when the bear performs the turn around.
    The turn around was done by the Bear, and not the ball.

It's an interesting study, I learned that Bears are heavy, and agile too...

I think each of the Bears feet have a built in 'Incline' detector, and each foot knows when it is going uphill or downhill.
    While the Bears head remains relatively level to the floor, all the paws are very busy going up and down hill...errr,. ball...

-Tommy
    I haven't been able to find any bears on ebay. A little help erco?

We do have bear here in Idaho; maybe I can find one?

BTW, while we're way off topic anyway, one of my first jobs taking aerial photographs with a radio controlled airplane (probably in the late '80s), was to take photos of "bear habitat" for the Department of Wildlife Resources in Utah. I had fun trying to land my airplane, with a 99" wingspan, on a narrow dirt road (along the side of one canyon wall) with lots of overhanging trees. The only time I managed to land the plane without damaging it, was when I had brought a girl along who wanted to watch. That was kind of an inverse Murphy's law day. Anything that could go right did1 (except with the girl (apparently superhuman flying abilities weren't as impressive to her as I thought they should be)).

Maybe I can use my ELEV-8 to find a bear if erco doesn't come through with an ebay deal.

1. I suppose there were lots of other things which could have gone right which didn't. I didn't find a bar of gold. A bear didn't look up at the airplane and smile for the camera (there wasn't any expectation of actually seeing a bear, they (D.W.R.) just wanted photos of the area).

This is a test to see if replies to test threads increase my post count.
    Whit+

"I love to work on problems that are hard, because I love to learn." - Sebastian Thrun

Yes they do!

@erco - stop teasing us about the cool project afoot - we want info!
    Whit+

"I love to work on problems that are hard, because I love to learn." - Sebastian Thrun

+ Reply to Thread