I've spent my own time* developing a Simple IDE for Propeller-GCC.
The Simple IDE Features:
Please join me in using this IDE for testing Propeller-GCC (and testing the IDE).
- C/C++ syntax highlighting
- Tabbed editors for multiple open files
- Menu and function key command controls
- Toolbar buttons for click controls
- Search function, copy, cut, and paste
- Project panel file list for click to open files
- Add/Delete files on the project panel
- Saves project files and options in *.side files
- Automated Propeller-GCC builds (no makefiles)
- Click-error report to highlight error file and line
- Board type select drop-down list and reload
- Simple port select and integrated serial terminal
PropGCC-SimpleIDE will be available at: http://code.google.com/p/propgcc/downloads/list
The package is about 72MB which is neat considering it has both the IDE and Propeller-GCC in it.
Unzip the package and read the SimpleIDE_UserGuide.txt
Please reply here with any questions at all so that I can help you get the most out of this IDE.
I've tested all features to my satisfaction and have noted some challenges and future enhancements in the
SimpleIDE_UserGuide.txt . Currently the Help-About points to an under construction page - it will be enhanced.
More screen shots are attached below.
Note* By my own time, I mean that it is not an officially sanctioned, sponsored, funded, or even Parallax tested effort.
This is my work that I hope will make your Propeller GCC programming experience better.