+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S2 on Sale for under $90

Default S2 on Sale for under $90

Great price on the S2 (without adapter and USB cable)... Get one and be impressed!

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Robots...me,ProductName
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Default Re: S2 on Sale for under $90

The USB adapter and cable, purchased separately, are only another eighteen bucks combined:
    -Phil

Excellent point Phil! A must have, if don't already have it. And still a deal...

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Yea! I just ordered one.

I'll need to go back and read Whit's article again.

Thanks for the heads up about this.

You'll really enjoy playing with this Duane! It is a lot of robot for the money...
    Whit+

I'm looking forward to playing with it.

I keep meaning to try to understand the motor control code Phil wrote for it. I figure it will be easier to understand his software, if I have identical hardware.

Your nicely curved beanie hat was very impressive. It's obvious the Scribbler has very good motor control algorithms.

I've been toying with my own motor control software using encoders and my robots don't have nearly the control the Scribbler appears to have. It's time for me to learn how to do this stuff correctly.

Hey turkeys,

Don't buy all of these because our next batch doesn't arrive until August 2012, and we'll be out for quite a while before that shipment arrives.

Ken Gracey

Ken Gracey | Parallax Inc.| Direct
    : (916) 625-3010 | www.parallax.com

Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Gracey View Post
    Hey turkeys,

Don't buy all of these because our next batch doesn't arrive until August 2012, and we'll be out for quite a while before that shipment arrives.

Ken Gracey
    Shoot. There are only 1779 units in stock. I was gonna buy them all, but per Ken's request, I'll hold off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by erco View Post
    Shoot. There are only 1779 units in stock. I was gonna buy them all, but per Ken's request, I'll hold off for now.
    LOL erco! I had the thought of buying a large quantity and donating to a local School Robotics club in an effort to gain favor in Matt's QuadRover contest. Alas, I don't think any of the schools in my district have a Robotics club.

I think there are many great minds at work trying to gain favor in Matt's QuadRover contest.

Look how much effort just goes into suggesting product names! I bet some really good stuff will happen in the name of free Quadrovers.

Honestly, I may just buy one before they're all gone. I've been wanting to, but can't think of a way to expense it on the Hospital's books. If I donate an equal value of S2s as a advertising campaign perhaps that might float. But and that's a big But, is that enough of a Publicity stunt for the contest. As you said: "there are many great minds at work trying to gain favor in Matt's QuadRover contest" and I suspect I'd be outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by doggiedoc View Post
    I've been wanting to, but can't think of a way to expense it on the Hospital's books.
    Just use it as a syring transporter. I'm going to use mine to transport test tubes in my lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Degn View Post
    Just use it as a syring transporter. I'm going to use mine to transport test tubes in my lab.
    Perhaps an autonomous dog walker? Hey! That could work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Degn View Post
    If Jessica can send paper messages with an S2, it can certainly transport some syringes or test tubes!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RFa1qFgxv8

Quote Originally Posted by erco View Post
    with an S2
    ... I thought we were talking about QuadRovers.

I see now, you were talking about a QuadRover. I was talking about a S2.

@erco, I just finished watching that video. Pretty cool.

@ Duane - I just had a silly vision of a large dog fleeing with an S2 dangling in the wind on a leash! LOL

The point is that at this price, you can get an S2 for the price of a Scribbler! Buy em up! Ken will make more...
    Whit+

Quote Originally Posted by doggiedoc View Post
    @ Duane - I just had a silly vision of a large dog fleeing with an S2 dangling in the wind on a leash! LOL
    This AIBO on steroids could take a hundred S2's for a drag... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u7aIIUDSQk

Don't get your finger pinched in a leg joint.

@erco - they even roll over! LOL Hey, if I had a few of those as patients, I could expense out a lot of my Parallax and Radio Shack purchases!

+ Reply to Thread