My entry from a few days ago disappeared, must not have gone out correctly. Anyway, I'm off of night shift and am getting used to sleeping during the night again.
I got a new software routine developed where I send the femur (lift) motor the desired angle and the femur moves to that position. I mapped out all the angle ADC values from 35 (minimum angle) to 155 degrees (maximun angle) in 5 degree increments. I plotted the results and they aren't exactly linear. I was unable to develop a mathmatical formula that followed the observed values close enough so I ended up using a single dimension array of the 25 sets of data. Using array index posion 0 as equivalent to 35 degrees, I mapped the remaining indexes to their corresponding angles. I assume the ADC values between the observed values are basically linear so I use a math routine to extrapolate the additional values. Experimentation showed quite a bit of over shoot so when the motor gets close to the desired value I slow the motor down which gets a lot closer to the desired position. I still have some tweaking to do to get the value even closer.
The same routine can be used on the tibia (kick) motor, I only have to get the specific ADC values for that motor. The coax (swing) motor will be a totally different item since it uses a position encoder instead of a pot for feedback. It also has a limit switch that identifies the travel limits. I hope to get both of these motor run routines completed this weekend so I can start running the leg through a series of repetitive motions and look for any design issues that might need addressing. I already found screws that tend to want to loosen.
I'll post the motor run routines once I'm done, I'm sure someone can review them and suggest improvements!