Could anyone point me to resources for getting started with the XBee Series 2 modules. My professor and I purchased the series 2 because of the long range capabilities (we figured the better the distance the less likely hood we would loose connection at a bad time). However I am finding that the Series 2 take a little work to get running. We failed to purchase a USB interface (soon to be fixed) to do programming.
This is what I understand so far:
Here is what I am trying to do:
- At least one XBee module needs to be in Coordinator mode. The rest can be in Router or EndPoint.
- Series 2 can be run in either AT or API modes
- Firmwares exist for all 6 configurations (Cord-At,Route-At,EP-At,Cord-API,Route-API,EP-API) and at least 1 must be flashed to the module to begin using it.
- Example code is primarily geared to series 1 modules and is not necessarily compatible with series 2
If anyone can kindly point to any howto or can give any idea where I can get started that would be nice. Thanks.
- Create a simple Point-2-Point wireless connection
- The system will likely be setup as Coordinator <<->> Router
- Get a firmware on the XB2 sans USB Programer if it is even doable
- Find example code to get our project ported from 433MHz links to XB2-Mesh