+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Futurlec - are they for real?

Default Futurlec - are they for real?

Anyone care to comment on their experience (if any) with Futurlec? I just looked through their web site and can't believe the prices they state. Things like the 74HC595 mini board for $4.90! I can't buy all the parts for that to build it up.

Are they for real or is their stuff too good to be true??

Mike B.

Default Re: Futurlec - are they for real?

I only ordered from them once.
    Their prices are really great but it takes a while to get your order.
    I think it was almost 2 weeks.
    They have a nice DS1307 real time clock board...

Ron: Yea, I saw that. I looked at the '585, '165, SD card, RS232/3.3v and the 1307 all for just over $30!! I can't get all the parts, especially the interconnecting stuff for that, plus they all make a neat stack!

Two weeks? I can handle that..lol :jumpin:

Mike B.

I've ordered from them a few times... never any problems.
    Tim

I ordered from them as well, exactly once, and while it took a while to arrive, the stuff I got was pretty decent, and definitely a bargain.

Propeller Proto Board........> Sunny Jacksonville FL
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Futurlec - are they for real?

I have order a few time from them It dose take any where from two to three week for you to get your order

When you set up your account and need to change the info on it the link in there web site has not work for about two year

If you need the link I can give it to you

I have ordered there 5 volt switching regulating boards they are very nice boards for only $6.90

Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-10-2010 at 07:39 PM.
    Sam
    _________________________>
    Now wanting to learn Spin Thanks for any idea that you may have and all of your time finding them

All true, just give 'em time for shipping from Futurlec. About the last place to find the elusive LM3909 chip at a decent price.

http://www.junun.org/MarkIII/Store.jsp is another favorite of mine for parts & sensors. And in similar fashion, sometimes it takes a LONG time to receive your order, even though they are in Portland.

I've ordered several times. Never had a problem. They have some very useful and cheap SMT converter boards http://www.futurlec.com/SMD_Adapters.shtml which I always keep a few on hand and replenish with each order

They have a cost effective PCB service attached with low cost NRE setup. I haven't tried that just yet

They seem to be related to Et-team which is also worth checking out. While the site is in Thai, its easy to navigate and glean what their modules do. Here's their prop board for US$46 with a couple of nice extras (switching reg PSU, rs232, audio socket). http://www.futurlec.com/P8X32_Controller.shtml

The other Thai site, taydaelectronics with its excellent pricing, makes me think Thailand must have quite an electronics scene

cheers
    tubular
    Last edited by Tubular; 09-11-2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Spelt TAYDA wrong

Blog Entries

tubular

The other Thai site, tadyaelectronics with its excellent pricing, makes me think Thailand must have quite an electronics scene

Could You Post the link to the site you are talking about
    Sam
    Now wanting to learn Spin Thanks for any idea that you may have and all of your time finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Tubular View Post

The other Thai site, tadyaelectronics with its excellent pricing, makes me think Thailand must have quite an electronics scene

cheers
    tubular
    Got a link for those tadayaelctronics guys? all my searches have turned up a blank.

(I have used futurlec in the past -and I agree about them being slow - good gear for the $ though)

TIA
    Last edited by pacman; 09-11-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    =================
    The future is in our hands.
    Which way to the future?
    =================

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Got a link for theses guys? all my searches have turned up a blank.

TIA
    Have you tried:

http://www.futurlec.com/

I started using futurlec about 3 years ago - now I buy about 95% of my parts from them. They have had my credit card number all that time with no problems. The search can miss a few things - if you have a moment, browse through all the categories as there are some real gems in there. eg on I just found - looking for A to D converters, in the Integrated Circuits/A-D converters are a lot of National ones, but in the Special Function section are a huge number of Maxim and TI converters.
    Last edited by Dr_Acula; 09-12-2010 at 12:34 PM.

I order from futurlec. They take time to ship and sometimes will hold up an order for a month for one part not in stock yet. They do deliver on what they promise, though.
    -----------------
    Thomas Talbot, MD - New Market, Maryland, USA

My bad.. I spelt it wrong. Sorry about that. Erco or Holly put me onto Tayda. Here's the link

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/StoreFront

while we're at it
    Last edited by Tubular; 09-11-2010 at 09:28 AM.

"My bad.. I spelt it wrong."

Lol... "spelt"

Mike B.

Quote Originally Posted by w4fej View Post
    "My bad.. I spelt it wrong."

Lol... "spelt"

Mike B.
    Per Merriam-Webster, the definition of spelt:
    chiefly British past and past participle of spell

Hardly lol-worthy.

Hi,

I use to order from Futurlec but not any more!

I once ordered some NAT SEMI Regulators LM2595T-5.0, I received COUNTERFEIT Regulators, I made them replace my order with the correct ones, they did but it took over 4 weeks! They are slow to reply

I will NEVER order from them again

1) There is NO PHONE Number, to contact them on.
    2) They take a long time to deliver.
    3) They are NOT Authorised distributors of the MAJOR brands.
    4) Who knows where they buy there components from? Surplus, rebranded, counterfeit "SHOP FRONT" for stolen items.

NEVER GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO!, They ask me for this via E-MAIL!

try googling "futurlec scam" , have a read and then make up your mind!

Maybe you can buy connectors etc from them, but if you are in Australia, Just give RS-Components a call, get them to QUOTE on your items, Lately they have offered far cheaper prices then even Digikey or mouser.

The PCB demo boards are not made by them, they just distribute for TTL.

I Mainly order from...

RS-COMPONENTS
    MOUSER
    DIGIKEY
    FARNELL
    RT Nollet for prop chips

there are also

ALTRONICS
    JAYCAR
    ELECTUS

Arrow
    Avnet
    Breamac

It all depends on who has what at the time, I am doing production quantities of 25 units (pcb's) at a time. I need components that are genuine, and that companies have some kind of QA/RMA system.

regards

Dave M

I ordered some resistors and some LEDs from them. I got what I ordered. I haven't had any problems with my credit card through using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Acula View Post
    I started using futurlec about 3 years ago - now I buy about 95% of my parts from them. The search can miss a few things - if you have a moment, browse through all the categories as there are some real gems in there. eg on I just found - looking for A to D converters, in the Integrated Circuits/A-D converters are a lot of National ones, but in the Special Function section are a huge number of Maxim and TI converters.
    Thanks Drac, I had no idea they had those parts tucked away there. Do they really have them in stock? I get suspicious of sites that claim everything is all in stock, all the time...

Blog Entries

Tubular

Do they really have them in stock?

No they do not always have every thing in stock if you do not see your order in three week send them an Email asking where is my order then they will tell you that something in your order was out of stock

Also some time you have to resend the same email a few time to get a response

This is one thing that is real bad about them is there Customer Service
    is very bad this also why I only pay by Paypal when I order from them
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-12-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    Sam

+ Reply to Thread