A store near here as a couple of hundred 6 digit glass LCD panels on clearance for 1 Euro a piece. So of course I had to pick one up.
It has 50 pins DIP style rather like the 60D070 here http://www.femacorp.com/products/lcd...ls%20index.htm
So how to drive this from our favourite MCU?
What I have gleaned so far:
1) One common pin and 49 segment pins.
2) Needs AC drive, no more than 100mv or so DC component.
3) Common pin driven from 50 to 200Hz square wave
4) Segments driven from in phase or anti phase signal makes them OFF or ON.
5) Contrast can be varied by changing "dead time" in signals. Patent held by STC.
So one Prop has enough pins to drive only half of this. Two Props would be a waste. Some kind of output expander is called for.
Anyone have any neat ideas for this? DIP solutions preferred, in keeping with the display and y Props.
Anyone know any more LCD secrets to keep in mind.