Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Google technology meeting — Parallax Forums

Google technology meeting

Don MDon M Posts: 1,647
edited 2010-12-20 18:41 in General Discussion
I attended a Google GTUG meeting last night in Chicago. The discussion was on HTML5 and Chrome OS. Toward the end of the meeting we were all given a Google CR-48 Chrome OS laptop for free.

This is a pretty impressive laptop with minimalist design. A few quirks but they will be ironed out in time as it matures.

To the cloud....... :-)

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    edited 2010-12-14 09:36
    I got a rock...

Google is a wonderfully monsterous organization, and a fun place to work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFeLKXbnxxg&feature=player_embedded#!
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,161
    edited 2010-12-20 18:41
    Don M wrote: »
    I attended a Google GTUG meeting last night in Chicago. The discussion was on HTML5 and Chrome OS. Toward the end of the meeting we were all given a Google CR-48 Chrome OS laptop for free.

This is a pretty impressive laptop with minimalist design. A few quirks but they will be ironed out in time as it matures.

To the cloud....... :-)

Hello!
    Lucky you! I actually found out about the little devil via two sources, an article via the MSNBC site, and the Linux for Devices one. I then submitted my interests for one of them. They do expect anyone who does do that plans on making it their primary gizmo. It'll be interesting to see how many people did register for it, and do get them.

I've got a few plans for Chrome OS, and of course, a few hundred idea for the Stamp. It'll be fun sorting out which one gets supported this season.