Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret without headers and sockets installed? — Parallax Forums

Spinneret without headers and sockets installed?

schillschill Posts: 741
edited 2010-11-10 09:03 in Accessories
Is it possible to get Spinnerets without the headers and socket installed (J1, J2, J3, J4, and J6)? Are these through hole or surface mount? It looks like the socket is through hole but I can't tell for sure about the headers.

Comments

• eod_punkeod_punk Posts: 146
    edited 2010-11-06 15:12
    According to the bill of materials this is the header used, so I would say they are through hole.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=H10172-ND
  • schillschill Posts: 741
    edited 2010-11-09 08:57
    I don't like bumping my own thread, but since Parallax has sold out the first run of Spinnerets...

Is there any chance of getting a couple from the next run without the headers or socket soldered in place?
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2010-11-09 09:46
    schill wrote: »
    I don't like bumping my own thread, but since Parallax has sold out the first run of Spinnerets...

Is there any chance of getting a couple from the next run without the headers or socket soldered in place?

Hey schill,

As an insider it's a difficult request to answer - but as a customer I want to help you out. If we offer the Spinneret without headers we have a couple of new issues to consider: stocking it two ways (more inventory); having the finished product likely "win out" in volume, resulting in an EOL for the non-header version, etc. There's also a change to our BOM structure which involves some internal setup, not to mention another test fixture.

It could be much easier for me to handle your request out of the "system" by removing a unit from production before headers are installed.

You only want one unit, right? Or do you want more than a few?

Thanks,

Ken Gracey
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2010-11-10 09:03
    We've taken care of schill's request outside of our normal system, so this thread topic can be closed.

Ken Gracey
This discussion has been closed.