Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
THE Experiment — Parallax Forums

THE Experiment

HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
edited 2010-10-23 09:32 in General Discussion
David G wrote: Humanoido,

Recently I was reading an article about the National Ignition Facility (NIF) in Livermore, CA and their quest to achieve nuclear fusion using multiple lasers.

After jotting down a few calculations on the back of an envelope, I think it may be possible to achieve the same result by using the power of your UltraSpark 40 SuperMicrocomputer. The result could be a breakthrough in "Tabletop Fusion".

The implementation would require the addition of 40 Ultra-High Brightness LEDs from Radio Shack, one on each Propeller board, hanging over the edge. Half of them would point down the tower and half point up, all precisely focused at the midpoint, called the "Node of Fusion".

By using the Propellers at their maximum clock speed, you could create an in-phase stimulated beam from each LED that would not only add, but resonate at the focal point. Now comes the tricky part, you must carefully tune the phase of each LED until the atoms of argon in the air at the focal point spontaneously reverse their spin and fuse, releasing a brilliant pulse of 6965.43 angstrom(red) photons. Welder's goggles with shade 12-h glass would be required to protect your retina.

However, there is a profound danger. If any of the electrons in the outer m-shell of the argon atoms happen to reach an excited quantum state of +8, the Node of Fusion could collapse and form a microscopic black hole. You might recall that the scientists who designed the Superconducting Super Collider (SSC) were also concerned about this possibility. As a worst case scenario, they postulated that an unstable black hole might be formed that would consume approximately 2x10^8 cubic meters of matter before it stabilized. That's about the size of Utah.

In your case, I calculated that the probability of creating an unstable black hole was low, only about 1 part in 42, but you should seriously consider moving to an uninhabited island before firing up this machine.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing the results, if you're still there.

David G

:lol:(David G: For your eyes only) Hi David, I'm still here but my time is space-time dilated into the past about a month. Let me explain my story. First, I know exactly what you're saying, as I was sitting here just a few days ago reading the same article. We should have worked on this project together. Perhaps we will in the future. This is a project of cooperation. I took your advice, however, my calculations were a little different from yours, maybe in the dangerous zone. I know, Phil warned me against going to far and too high, but Ravenkallen and LocalRoger said they would keep the naysayers away from the laboratory long enough to complete the experiment. Using Forest's designs borrowed from the Jaguar SC, we made an extension to the machine. That opened the door, then Yarisboy brought his 40 pc's for loading programs (we tried to explain, you don't need 1 computer on every chip), while Steph brought a borrowed Alien Paintball Machine Gun, just in case. Everyone knows that Aliens are allergic to paint.

I went to the surplus parts store in China and purchased the Cheapest Dangerous Non-Regulated Jumbo Super Duper Highest Ungodly Powered Red Lasering LEDs that are "don't-dare-mention-it-mega-bright" and guaranteed to exceed all maximum light intensity safety regulations that you find in the USA. Around these, welders glasses are of no use. A lead suit is required and even those are known to melt if you get too near the Niels Bohr megatomic slip stream. Beau and Hanno kindly offered their LEDs. I could not use those, they were all tri-color stuff and not very monochromatic in lasering.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74524&stc=1&d=1287418531
explosion2.jpg
Top: Dangerous Non-Regulated Jumbo Super Duper Highest Ungodly Powered Red Lasering LED. Above - Neutron spin rotations at the focal point. Note the diameter of confusion predicted from the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Jim, John, and Braino advised about quality control. As you know, there's little quality control over these so I hand picked the ones that were above specs by a factor of 1,000. The Chinese use these for simulating the sun, cutting metal and fusing diamond to titanium, apparently for making rings and neutron engine starship supports. I didn't stop at 40 lights, but strapped 36 on each of the 40 chips. With 1,440 focus'ed light lasering beams placed at the vertices of the skyscraper tower, they achieved a final focal point determined by their magnetic ring resonant focci devices.
Kye and Whit advised moving forward with a positive attitude and hold onto the seat of your pants just for good measure.

Chris, Andy, and Lauren drew up the Dynamic Particle Accelerlator Pictorials. Well, you know the procedure. Like a mini-particle accelerator machine, the particles circle around, accelerating faster and faster, until finally they are released to the final focal point, creating a singularity. To accomplish this, a SPIN program is used.
Mike calculated for me, the program would SPIN and then jump to SPASM for greater speed. No one knew what he was talking about. Erco designed the robotic knob, but when turned right, it reported left. He said, use it for quasi-inverted-dilythium enterprise chambers. We think he was watching too much Star Trek while indulging with woman from Planet RIZA. Ken was fully supportive of the project, offering to replace prop chips if any failed due to bad hairy toothless aliens wearing pink dresses pulling out prop pins. Interesting guarantee.

turboshaft.jpg&t=1T53-L-13_schematic.jpg
Turboshaft designed for initial primary injection of matter before antimatter pressures

When I first turned on the unit, it sucked out all the power in the municipality precinct and upon the better advice of pjv, I had to resort to running extension cords to the 220 volt heavier amp refrigerator supply in the kitchens of all the local inhabitants and the adjacent precincts. I politely asked the neighbors for taps and finally all the power cords were NSync and Backstreet and I could try powering on again.

AndreL was promoting, "do it with a prop C3." We were not sure what we were supposed to do. Finally it was Cluso and Potatohead that generously offered up their latest Miles-Away boards. They worked perfect, but unfortunately, the boards were 5,000 miles away from my lab. They forgot to send the boards. Nick said he would make up a new board and promptly get them out door but there was no time to wait for shipping. Hover volunteered to propeller over using his three crafts and do a pick up. But, ClockLoop found a way achieve the impossible by creating a matter transporter using some extra prop chips laying around the house, based on the multi-prop board design created by Mctrivia. Maddie intervened offering to act as secretary, recording the notes of the experiment. Unfortunately, she couldn't write or type, with dripping yellow paint all over her hands. The other half of the forum was DIY playing - with their props, and stamp collections, totally oblivious to this experiment.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74521&stc=1&d=1287388821
Someone brought in this so called Propeller Chip enhancement. The added fuel and oil coolant was supposed to make the chip run faster. We told the inventor, no thanks, keep your day job.

Now it was time. I hesitated, but upon the spur-of-the-moment advice of Heater and Kuroneko, I boldly flipped the mega switch. It was the moment of truth as the earth shook and leaves fell from trees. It was Gaga all the way! A loud crackling sizzling noise was heard and the strange burnt metal smell of ionic saturation permeated the environment as the electrified jolt of energy violently shook the room and shuddering static charges danced upon the machine spiraling downwards into endless infinitude! An eerie ebbing blue light penetrated the rays of crimson smoke as small flashing bolts of lightning spattered about electrically from the ceiling down to the somewhat parallel and partially-souped-up-computering prop-er machine, moving in and out of Einsteinium time synchronization, caused by the nanoemitters releasing their combined atomic neurons from spin orbits.

I reached for the Michaelson & Morley dilimiter controls as the powerful wind blew my face into a thousand weird geometric contortions, and then I nudged the neural nodes ever so slightly. I heard WBA in the background yelling, "move left, move right, to the left, to the right!" Calibration was not going to be easy. I put on the seat belt. Pulling back on the Germer lever, checking FSR conditions, topping off the flux capacitor chambers, and dipping down the Max Planck Diatometer Display, I held onto the Sagan CP Lever on the knowledge expander only to induce more Septoinid Indulgilations. Finally, the particle dynamics were approximate space-time accelerated in their quantized septonic position states. But with a Heisenberg uncertainty principle we could not be sure of the exact locations. So I had to guess.

With the previous calculated powered LEDs a black hole was 1 in 40 odds, as you mentioned from your solid napkin design, but with this new power design, it was guaranteed. But wait. That's not a black hole. It's a gray smokey worm hole opened up to another universe and place in time. Stephan Hawking, where are you? I quickly grabbed my luggage. We were going on a trip! The worm hole was tiny. I had to finesse the auto fibrillation control using an extra prop chip (propped open with one prop with the bent pin) and all eight cogs to hold the tiny worm hole open, wide enough to enter. I thought I would take things easy and just peek inside (curious as Leon's cat) but when I did the gigantic and all powerful OZ of space vacuum within the vortex drew me in like a feather sucked into a gravity well wind tunnel and my body was acceleration beyond the speed of light (by jumping to the I-Equation), pulled apart, every molecule, every atom, every subatomic nuclei. I must admit, it was a bit fearsome being dismembered like that.

But, it was only momentary.. Emerging at the other side, reassembly took place automatically. I proceeded to explore this new microcosm world of a vast universe in ways where the laws of physics are entirely changed. There was plenty of time to do this. I had to wait for the period of lenticular oscillation and Lorenz Opposite Contraction Expansion to occur (every 40.1 years) and the worm hole opened up again. I grabbed my luggage again and was propelled back to 2010, about a month earlier before the actual experiment took place. It was close enough to the target date and being a month younger was ok. But now I have a dilemma. After implementing an experiment like this, what comes next? :smilewinkgrin:

Comments

• David GDavid G Posts: 9
    edited 2010-10-18 10:28
    Humanoido,

What can I say but bravo! Your journey into the obscure far exceeded my expectations.

What's next, you ask? As you may know, the SETI society continuously monitors many frequencies including the 1,420 MHz "water hole" in case an alien civilization is trying to contact other intelligent beings. Of course that leaves us out, but that's another story.

Last week when I was down in Puerto Rico at the Arecibo Observatory I happened to see a message on the SETI terminal in the control room. It appeared to have come from the direction of Alpha Centauri and was in a code that I didn't recognize. Do you think you could apply several microseconds of your infinite wisdom to decode this message?

Dave
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2010-10-18 22:38
    Now I understand everything:)
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2010-10-19 05:49
    David G wrote: »
    Humanoido,

What can I say but bravo! Your journey into the obscure far exceeded my expectations.

What's next, you ask? As you may know, the SETI society continuously monitors many frequencies including the 1,420 MHz "water hole" in case an alien civilization is trying to contact other intelligent beings. Of course that leaves us out, but that's another story.

Last week when I was down in Puerto Rico at the Arecibo Observatory I happened to see a message on the SETI terminal in the control room. It appeared to have come from the direction of Alpha Centauri and was in a code that I didn't recognize. Do you think you could apply several microseconds of your infinite wisdom to decode this message?

Dave

attachment.php?attachmentid=74540&stc=1&d=1287491197
    The 305-meter diameter Puerto Rico Arecibo Observatory dish is the world's most sensitive radio telescope and a key instrument in project SETI, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. (Image: NAIC/Arecibo Obs/NSF) Recent code data posted on Arecibo’s prime white board was memory captured by Dave and transmitted to Humanoido at the lab of the 40-chip Prop-er Machine, through the Parallax Forum, for decoding. Arecibo typically receives alien transmissions but has no way to decode them.

Cluster Parallel Computing Machine Objective
    To decode the Alien code :lol:

"enit lavor uoy knirdo teruse b"

Experiment #2 Thanks Dave, your brilliant youthful cybernetic mind, outstanding keen observation ability and excellent abundant non-volatile (long term) memory cells regarding the Puerto Rico Arecibo Observatory is very helpful to this new project of decoding the alien transcript. We both have thought long and hard about the status of alien life on other planets and in other universes and we have long known about the SETI program that would, one day, make contact. Having run a large radio telescope in my backyard and also searched for alien life at the water hole, it was unfortunate that with international travel, I could not take the giant dish antenna with me. But I knew there were many aliens drinking at the water hole - just before leaving, late that night, in the darkness of the laboratory control center, all the red flashing lights and alarms came on showing intelligent signals arriving from, yes, the Alpha Centauri region. Unfortunately the tape on the old surplus reel-to-reel was not spooled up and the signal disappeared moments later.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74541&stc=1&d=1287491600
    It was not possible to carry-on this backyard radio telescope when
    traveling due to problems with airport security.

Now to the code. The super dupering computer prop-er machine preparation began late last night. The latex machine nodes were reconfiged for systemic code analysis. The Poly and Molly Differential Equation Suite and Calculus formulae were loaded up. Code washing machine spin cycles were engaged. More RAM, ROM, RIM, EEPROM, STATICs, NANOs, PINTAs, NINAs, and SANTA MARIAs, were activated, however, Septometers, Nanopentameter arrays and core iduscillia were left wide open for drainage. Pipe lines were opened. Valves set. The large key on the board was wound up. Cores engaged. Wait! Not enough cores. 320 cores cannot cut the mustard. We needed to enhance the chips. Ok, bringing forth the multi-chip-quasi-enhancer. Now we have a half million cores and a quadrillion states to work with. Next, the array expander was inserted and a serial carthinogenic display added in anticipation of a massive code breaking output. The Universal Translator program was also brought online for speech. The loud humming noise from all these CPUs running and jiving at the same time was deafening. I put on the sound blocking headset.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74546&stc=1&d=1287491660
    Processing and decoding included this metal blue transparent Tesseract analysis in real time using a quarter of a million machine cores and a quadrillion machine states. It took a nanosecond to complete.

As you know, previously, the machine was running an artificial intelligence program. I decided to leave that inside the machine, running, and that’s when all hell broke loose! Immediately after stoking the magical alien code incantations (enit lavo ruoy knird oter use b) into the machine’s frontal pot belly entry chamber, it started violently shaking from side to side and buzzing a very low indulgulous hum, along with some uncontrolled vibrations and metal on metal grinding screech sound. Suddenly the machine was vibrating so fast, it was phasing in and out of this worldly dimensional reality. On the screen I could vaguely see it was a compressed code and automatically being fed through several known decompression carburetor routines. It was not as simple as unzipping a zipper, of course, it was multi-spatial, and I found the power cord, and like a tether in space, pulled the machine back into phasing and grabbed onto it. Big Mistake! My left arm entered de-phasing as well, I mean out of phasing so much that I was sucked into the machine violently! I did everything in my power to retrieve my arm but to no avail. Slowly, my body was being eaten alive by the machine, or so it appeared. I had to think fast and get the machine to solve the code before I completely metamorphosed and disappeared entirely!

attachment.php?attachmentid=74539&stc=1&d=1287491577
    Machine processing quickly ran through these mega MIP Calculations attempting to extract information from this nine dimensional hypercube. However, as seen, no Information was inside.

If you think keeping a clear mind when all this was happening was easy.. well, it was a bit daunting. I could feel needling static high powered electrical charges dance inside my body, and the crawling from bits and bytes literally biting my internal organs from the inside out. The WORDs and LONGs were all over me like ants on honey, and literally coming out of the machine and surrounding my partially paralyzed phased nearly invisible skin. I was thankful there were no nibbles but the bytes were horrendous. I could not last much longer! Think! Think! Focus! Focus! I repeated to myself over and over.. I looked down, shocked to find the machine had eaten a leg and foot, both missing, along with an arm and a hand!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=74543&stc=1&d=1287491624
    Aliens have long know that quantum cosmology makes it possible to circumnavigate multiple universes, without interacting between them. Our observable universe occupies a " bubble " born of the spontaneous fluctuations of the quantum vacuum, like many other bubbles. Using advanced technology beyond our understanding, aliens have found a way to mirror-capture information from vast civilizations into hyper-space-time-pyramids and send the resultant information towards our galaxy, using water hole microwave transmitter frequencies combined with the doppler shift of huge gravitonic black holes to hyper speed and time warp their baseline signals, crudentially-modulated, through time compression.

I found that each letter in the code first expands like a rising orthonopter, elevating orthogonally and sometimes penthagonally in exponential multiquadricore hysteresis dimensions as if placed at the vertices of an neo-expanding hyperspace cube. As you know, arrangements in HyperCube topology are set up like this: (if books were like CPUs) 2 CPUs = 1 connect, 4 CPUs = 4 connects, 8 CPUs = 12 connects, 16 CPUs = 32 connects, 32 CPUs = 80 connects, 64 CPUs = 192 connects, 128 CPUs = 448 connects, 256 CPUs = 1024 connects, 512 CPUs = 2304 connects, 1024 CPUs = 5120 connects, 2048 CPUs = 11264 connects, 4096 CPUs = 24576 connects. The code then expands to (n) to the infinity power. This assumes a classic Hypercube with one knowledge book in each node, of course. The cube expands multi-dimensionally outwards. Therefore we first determined each letter in the code is the equivalent to a hyper-dimensional book containing all the sum knowledge of all the alien worlds in one universe. There are 25 universes represented by the 25 characters. Each begins with the knowledge expanding in a Fibonacci series, like the expanding branches on a knowledge tree. The 1st book contains instructions for building some alien device, in addition to the knowledge of alien worlds.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74538&stc=1&d=1287491565
    Processing and decoding, according to the details below, included these Fourth Dimension cells. Yet again, as seen visibly, no information is inside. The key to full decompression of code was not in the decoding of matter, but in the additional decoding of compressed space and time.

Machine Decoding Details
    Decoding used two independent Friedmann equations for modeling a homogeneous, isotropic universe. H^2 = \left(\frac{\dot{a}}{a}\right)^2 = \frac{8 \pi G}{3} \rho - \frac{kc^2}{a^2} + \frac{\Lambda c^2}{3} which is derived from the 00 component of Einstein's field equations, and \dot{H} + H^2 = \frac{\ddot{a}}{a} = -\frac{4 \pi G}{3}\left(\rho+\frac{3p}{c^2}\right) + \frac{\Lambda c^2}{3} which is derived from the trace of Einstein's field equations. G, Λ, and c are universal constants (G is Newton's gravitational constant, Λ is the cosmological constant, c is the speed of light in vacuum). k is constant throughout a particular solution, but may vary from one solution to another. a, H, ρ, and p are functions of time. Where H \equiv \frac{\dot{a}}{a}, the Hubble parameter, is the rate of expansion of the universe. k \over a^2 is the spatial curvature in any time-slice of the universe; it is equal to one-sixth of the spatial Ricci curvature scalar R since R = \frac{6}{a^2}(\ddot{a} a + \dot{a}^2 + kc^2) in the Friedmann model. There are two commonly used choices for a and k which describe the same physics: * k = +1, 0 or -1 depending on whether the shape of the universe is a closed 3-sphere, flat (i.e. Euclidean space) or an open 3-hyperboloid, respectively.[3] If k = +1, then a is the radius of curvature of the universe. If k = 0, then a may be fixed to any arbitrary positive number at one particular time. If k = -1, then (loosely speaking) one can say that i·a is the radius of curvature of the universe.* a is the scale factor which is taken to be 1 at the present time. k is the spatial curvature when a = 1 (i.e. today). If the shape of the universe is hyperspherical and Rt is the radius of curvature (R0 in the present-day), then a = Rt / R0. If k is positive, then the universe is hyperspherical. If k is zero, then the universe is flat. If k is negative, then the universe is hyperbolic. Using the first equation, the second equation can be re-expressed as \dot{\rho} = -3 H \left(\rho + \frac{p}{c^2}\right), which eliminates \Lambda \! and expresses the conservation of mass-energy. These equations are sometimes simplified by replacing \rho \rightarrow \rho - \frac{\Lambda c^2}{8 \pi G} p \rightarrow p + \frac{\Lambda c^4}{8 \pi G} to give: H^2 = \left(\frac{\dot{a}}{a}\right)^2 = \frac{8 \pi G}{3}\rho - \frac{kc^2}{a^2} \dot{H} + H^2 = \frac{\ddot{a}}{a} = - \frac{4\pi G}{3}\left(\rho +\frac{3p}{c^2}\right). And the simplified form of the second equation is invariant under this transformation.

hypercube.gif
    Emerging patterns from decoded multi-hyper-dimensional hypercubes held no information. This particular Hypercube decoding retainer method was rejected during the decoding process because it's empty and void of information.

4-d-sierp-4sym.gif
    Decoding the alien transcript: BINGO! This is it! The code was not compressed in a multi-hyper-dimensional hypercube but rather this multi-hyper-dimensional space and time Pyramid. Each cell led to gobs of book information from multidimensional universes filled with a vast storehouse knowledge of alien civilizations. The vertices at the top left forefront hold a special book to create a remarkable alien machine. (see below)

The key to unlocking this code lies withing the machine's ability to expand the compressed space and time dimensions from a congruous multi-dimensional stasis numeric nodule sequence of numbers. Part of the conversion code is gravity, XYZ space, time, bubble closure of an nth dimensional universe froth, and numerous additional impacted dimensions.

However, in the next decoding phase, it was learned that hyperspace was only the encapsulation modus and not the actual containment of Alien script. So processing a few more seconds led to a multi-hyper-dimensional-space-pyramid. (see illustration)

It was then I pushed the final decode button. Oh man… what did I do? Suddenly there was a loud explosion, overload!!! Overload!!! and fire broke out in the lab. I ran for the fire extinguisher, with the machine grown into my body half way, to douse the circuit breakers and then the speech synthesizer kicked in and I heard and saw the message appear on the display.
    “a l l t h e s e w o r l d s a r e y o u r s
    D o n o t m e s s t h e m u p !”

After the shock of seeing and hearing this message, I flipped the pages of the first book and found the details on clearing up the de-phasing and “separated man (me) from machine.” I was finally free of the entanglement of nightmarish surrealist madness that had surrounded my Katra and Chi only moments earlier. The machine was very hot from doing all that work, as smoke was billowing and ebbing from the containment cluster rack, and after recording the information on some equally hot DIY ZUPA drives (only ZUPA drives are large enough to hold all this information), then pushed the button again and the machine let out a decreasing whine as it powered down to cool off a bit and achieve rest.

Well, there you have it, cracked code, alien books, alien messages, and instructions to build an alien machine. Man and machine – it can be a strange but useful combination. I think the prop-er machine did a passable job at cracking this code. What do you think? As you know, we’ll soon need another challenge to work on with the cluster machine. Got any ideas? :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=74542&stc=1&d=1287491613
    Pages decoded from the alien transcript with instructions for building a special machine. This comes from the dimensionally expanded “enit lavo ruoy knir do teruse b” message, remembered by Dave at the Arecibo Observatory. Through Dave’s effort, the Alien Transcript code was cracked. We owe this great moment in history to Dave, for his efforts in changing the world.
    695 x 248 - 25K
    397 x 389 - 44K
    470 x 358 - 26K
    356 x 334 - 14K
    416 x 652 - 43K
    280 x 360 - 10K
    522 x 146 - 9K
    227 x 234 - 4K
  • jdoleckijdolecki Posts: 726
    edited 2010-10-19 08:52
    WOW

"multi-chip-quasi-enhancer"

"serial carthinogenic display"

Are these new Parallax products I dont know about?
  • skylightskylight Posts: 1,915
    edited 2010-10-19 09:15
    Obviously aliens have excellent sight and are able to read tiny fonts :smilewinkgrin:
    edited 2010-10-19 09:20
    Dr Evil wrote: »
    WOW
    "multi-chip-quasi-enhancer"
    "serial carthinogenic display"
    Are these new Parallax products I dont know about?
    No. These are not Parallax products. These are DIY projects made with Parallax parts.
    edited 2010-10-19 09:28
    skylight wrote: »
    Obviously aliens have excellent sight and are able to read tiny fonts :smilewinkgrin:
    Presumably. This is the Alien Infintesimal Font. It's 5000% enlarged as viewed in the post. I think they (the aliens transmitting the code) wanted to compact the information for best possible transmission bandwidth, hence the smaller font size. Either that, or, the aliens are very tiny people with tiny eyes, tiny sight and tiny print. The only other option could be they have microscopic and telescopic vision and everything looks very big and close. :smilewinkgrin:
    edited 2010-10-19 12:16
    Humanoido,

Your herculean effort to decode the alien message was admirable. You solved the impossible.

However…it seems like something is missing. There may be more to this message than meets the eye.

While you were off orchestrating your mega-machine in hyperspace, I brought my extensive cryptographic skills to bear on this seemingly unfathomable transcript from outer space. For my first attack, I had hoped to use the Enigma machine on display at the National Cryptologic Museum at Ft. Meade, MD, but several of the decoding lights were burned out so I had to pass. Besides, they frown on people changing the rotor settings on the Enigma.

In desperation, I went straight to the Internet and called up the Virtual Enigma Machine, written by Russell Schwager. I use his machine all the time to decode my wife's handwriting. Anyway…to make a short story long, I tried all 10^19 permutations of the three rotors and plugboard settings. But alas, no joy. No plaintext in any Earthly language. Of course I might have missed it, since I don't speak Sanskrit.

After a fitful night of tossing and turning, at 3:20am I sat bolt upright, knocking the dog off the bed, but with the ultimate solution firmly locked in my brain. Down the stairs I flew, straight to the closet in the den. In the back was a dusty old box that held all the wonderful things from my childhood that my mother hadn't thrown out. And there it was. My Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring.

I held my breath as I manipulated the dials, writing down each letter in plaintext, just like Ralphie had done in "Christmas Story". Eureka! The mystery was solved. The universe was mine!

But wait….I can't post the plaintext for all to see, you never know whether those rascals at NSA are tapping into our lines. Drats.

Perhaps the next time I'm in your neck of the woods we could meet and I could quietly pass along my interpretation of this message from beyond.

Dave

Original intercepted message from Alpha Centauri:
    "enitlavoruoyknirdoteruseb"
    edited 2010-10-20 07:35
    Humanoido,

Your herculean effort to decode the alien message was admirable. You solved the impossible.

However…it seems like something is missing. There may be more to this message than meets the eye.

While you were off orchestrating your mega-machine in hyperspace, I brought my extensive cryptographic skills to bear on this seemingly unfathomable transcript from outer space. For my first attack, I had hoped to use the Enigma machine on display at the National Cryptologic Museum at Ft. Meade, MD, but several of the decoding lights were burned out so I had to pass. Besides, they frown on people changing the rotor settings on the Enigma.

In desperation, I went straight to the Internet and called up the Virtual Enigma Machine, written by Russell Schwager. I use his machine all the time to decode my wife's handwriting. Anyway…to make a short story long, I tried all 10^19 permutations of the three rotors and plugboard settings. But alas, no joy. No plaintext in any Earthly language. Of course I might have missed it, since I don't speak Sanskrit.

After a fitful night of tossing and turning, at 3:20am I sat bolt upright, knocking the dog off the bed, but with the ultimate solution firmly locked in my brain. Down the stairs I flew, straight to the closet in the den. In the back was a dusty old box that held all the wonderful things from my childhood that my mother hadn't thrown out. And there it was. My Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring.

I held my breath as I manipulated the dials, writing down each letter in plaintext, just like Ralphie had done in "Christmas Story". Eureka! The mystery was solved. The universe was mine!

But wait….I can't post the plaintext for all to see, you never know whether those rascals at NSA are tapping into our lines. Drats.

Perhaps the next time I'm in your neck of the woods we could meet and I could quietly pass along my interpretation of this message from beyond.

Dave

Original intercepted message from Alpha Centauri:
    "enitlavoruoyknirdoteruseb"
    Dave, you may post your secret results here, in Pig Latin. It's safe, the NSA won't know what to do with it.

Congrats on your outstanding textual decoding work! VEM and the Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring! Few of us are as well equipped to handle code busting. Looking forward to receiving your decryption.
    edited 2010-10-20 10:24
    Humanoido,

Sorry, my paranoia got the better of me for moment. NSA would never stoop so low as to intercept my reply and run it through NarusInsight.

Here is the decoded message, for those who speak the language of the pig:

ebay uresay otay rinkday ouryay altineovay

Dave
  • skylightskylight Posts: 1,915
    edited 2010-10-20 11:26
    Humanoido wrote: »
    Presumably. This is the Alien Infintesimal Font. It's 5000% enlarged as viewed in the post. I think they (the aliens transmitting the code) wanted to compact the information for best possible transmission bandwidth, hence the smaller font size. Either that, or, the aliens are very tiny people with tiny eyes, tiny sight and tiny print. The only other option could be they have microscopic and telescopic vision and everything looks very big and close. :smilewinkgrin:
    :lol: I would hate to be a proof reader for them, i'm going cross-eyed trying to read the "enlarged" text, excellent diagrams by the way.
    edited 2010-10-20 13:12
    Humanoido,

Sorry, my paranoia got the better of me for moment. NSA would never stoop so low as to intercept my reply and run it through NarusInsight.

Here is the decoded message, for those who speak the language of the pig:

Dave
    Dave, I got the message but what is that drink? I am not familiar with it. Is there a link describing it? Or are we dealing with an alien elixir?
  • jdoleckijdolecki Posts: 726
    edited 2010-10-20 15:24
    This is all a hoax

Cause everybody knows Aliens dont write they communicate with their mind!

Also I heard there is a underground faclity beneath

Parallax Head Quarters were Aliens and there ship is kept.

Thats how the Propeller 8 core processor got devloped cause it

came from an alien ship.
    edited 2010-10-20 16:10
    Humanoido,

Oh my, where do I start.

In the days of yore, we had a good bead on things.

The Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything was well known throughout the land, it was 42.

All foes could be vanquished with your trusty Red Ryder Carbine-Action 200 Shot BB Gun.

And…nothing tasted better than a tall glass of cold milk with three tablespoons of rich chocolate Ovaltine. Or so said the ad writers. I preferred Nestle's Quick myself.

Now, to answer your question. The following link should make everything crystal clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdA__2tKoIU

Dave
    edited 2010-10-20 22:20
    Humanoido,

Oh my, where do I start.

In the days of yore, we had a good bead on things.

The Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything was well known throughout the land, it was 42.

All foes could be vanquished with your trusty Red Ryder Carbine-Action 200 Shot BB Gun.

And…nothing tasted better than a tall glass of cold milk with three tablespoons of rich chocolate Ovaltine. Or so said the ad writers. I preferred Nestle's Quick myself.

Now, to answer your question. The following link should make everything crystal clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdA__2tKoIU

Dave
    Ha! Now that tells the entire story. But as you can see, there is a final word fault in the Pig Latin converter machine (or the bit positions were indeed intercepted and scrambled by the NSA or according to Dr. Evil, aliens living in the underground facility beneath the Forum did it.) :lol:

altineaovay is valtineao
    however
    ovaltine should be ovaltineway
    edited 2010-10-20 23:05
    Dr Evil wrote: »
    This is all a hoax Cause everybody knows Aliens dont write they communicate with their mind! Also I heard there is a underground faclity beneath Parallax Head Quarters were Aliens and there ship is kept. Thats how the Propeller 8 core processor got devloped cause it came from an alien ship.
    You are right about the alien underground facility, under the back yard field near Parallax HQ. Frequently, those aliens come out at night and like gremlins, play with the Parallax modules for fun. Chip G. doesn't mind keeping them near, he's been pulling their galactic starship multi-chips for some time and gaining advanced new technology. Occasionally an Alien will make itself known in the daytime. That's why Parallax hired Maddie. As you can see, Maddie the Intern is appointed to keep them at bay.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74585&stc=1&d=1287638905

Maddie, the Intern, is appointed
    to keep aliens at bay during the
    daytime. As you can see, she is
    in front of Parallax HQ defending
    it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74586&stc=1&d=1287639581
    Prof Braino is a popular alien with
    very advanced technology. He is
    the one with all the answers in the
    Propeller Forum. He has worked to
    repair his galactic ship using hundreds
    of "Parallax props gone missing."

Late one night, Propeller inventory,
    40-Pin DIP chip P8X32A-D40, was
    depleted - sucked out like dust to a
    vacuum cleaner. The late night watchman
    saw a shadowy figure with a big brain
    running in the opposite direction!

Remember when we had to wait many
    months to get a prop chip? PB has his
    galactic craft filled with them. Now he
    needs software. This is why he is posting
    for more parallel algorithms.
    Has anybody posted an example of a parallel algorithm using the prop?

:lol:
    199 x 253 - 8K
    157 x 212 - 6K
  • KaosKiddKaosKidd Posts: 296
    edited 2010-10-21 12:56
    The problem as I see it is that nothing is explaining the flux in the time vortex around the Prop II development team. It appears to be generating a time warp that seems to end 12 months ahead of what ever date we're at.

Does this have to do with micro fonts and mis configured translators, iglaylatenly, NAS agents or the aliens that are being protected by the various Parallax employees? Oh, and please note, any woman who can handle a BIG gun LIKE that is a friend of mine!
    edited 2010-10-23 09:32
    KaosKidd wrote: »
    The problem as I see it is that nothing is explaining the flux in the time vortex around the Prop II development team. It appears to be generating a time warp that seems to end 12 months ahead of what ever date we're at.
    KaosKidd, the system is not perfect. You nailed the problem. It appears to be an anomaly within the Flux Capacitor affecting the time vortex and creating time travel, because the blue light is flashing. Any ideas how to fix it? :lol:

0414_fluxsign_300.jpg
  • Using superposition of frequencies & an interleaved coil system can offer efficient energy utilization - without the need for fusion, fission, liquid fuel, or anything requiring more than about 200 watts of DC power.

Please have a look at the following math, CAD & circuit design for a Plasma Barrier. The barrier potentially doesn't use more than 200 watts. The patent for interleaving is #512,340.
    All source documents are attached.
  • This thread is 10 years old, and has very little to do with Parallax products.

This thread is closed.
This discussion has been closed.