Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Robolympics Medal Software — Parallax Forums

Robolympics Medal Software

CrustyNoodleCrustyNoodle Posts: 15
edited 2010-09-08 08:59 in General Discussion
Hi - very new to microcontrollers and my first post here - very excited!

Today I received my SX Tech Tool Kit that comes supplied with a Robolympics Medal.· It looks like a great way to start my SX education however there is absolutely no information supplied with it the medal nor can I find anything on the Parallax web site (the link on the packaging takes me to a message that says the item is not found).· Can anyone help out here and point me to a location where I can get some information about this thing and some example code to get it to tick over?

Comments

• RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,824
    edited 2008-05-30 14:16
    If you do a search of this forum, you will probably find some threads that cover the medal. I think about a year and a half ago there were some threads covering this. If I recall, you needed a keyring to be able to program the thing, Parallax no longer sells the device, so you may be out luck in that area.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-05-30 14:18
    Hello,

There are also links on the product page for the SX Tech Tool Kit for the Robo Medal. Please see the following link for this information. I hope this helps. Take care.

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/SXProgrammingKits/tabid/140/CategoryID/17/List/0/SortField/0/Level/a/ProductID/364/Default.aspx

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2008-05-30 14:36
    Rsadeika said...
    If you do a search of this forum, you will probably find some threads that cover the medal. I think about a year and a half ago there were some threads covering this. If I recall, you needed a keyring to be able to program the thing, Parallax no longer sells the device, so you may be out luck in that area.

I think the new USB SX-Key is powered from the USB so that the SX-Keyring is no longer needed. I believe the Keyring was only needed for the original SX-Key (Serial based) so that it could be powered directly without having to take 5V power from the target system. That way it could program devices that ran on 3.3v instead.

I just received a new USB SX-Key and will do some tests to see how it works when programming SX chips running at both 3.3V and 5V.

Robert
  • CrustyNoodleCrustyNoodle Posts: 15
    edited 2008-05-30 14:45
    Thanks guy's.· I did the forum search without too much success (hence posting the question) however I should have·gone back and looked at the product description page - doh!· I now have the information I need - thanks for your help and sorry for the dopey question.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2010-09-08 08:59
    Is it still being included in the SX Tech Tool Kit?