Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
E-Tools, HTML java-script electronic design tools, free for YOU. — Parallax Forums

E-Tools, HTML java-script electronic design tools, free for YOU.

Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
edited 2020-09-10 08:05 in General Discussion
Here is something that you all might find usefull.

Its a webpage you open that has a list of tools you can use quickly.

mono555 calculator
resistor calculator
voltage divider calculator
RCtime calculator
LM317 calculator
Binary-Hex-Decimal calculator
Resistor color matrix
Series LED resistance calculator
And a OHMS LAW calculator.

Im sure theres more that can be added... If you have any suggestions... please do.

The attached file is a ZIP.
All applets / script / js have been removed, no exception list needed.

Comments

• Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2009-06-11 05:20
    I had to download this from parallax, because I lost it due to a hard drive failure, good ol parallax!
    They even keep my stuff longer than I can.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ** P O O F **
  • Cole LoganCole Logan Posts: 196
    edited 2009-06-14 19:27
    Those are some neet tools.

And I've had to do the same thing myself too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    1986 Chevy EL Camino·· No prop yet

1984 Suzukie GS1100GK No prop yet
  • TheGrueTheGrue Posts: 114
    edited 2010-08-09 12:36
    This zip file appears to be empty. It may not have made the translation to the new forum possibly???
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2010-08-10 01:04
    Where at Parallax can I find this? There is nothing in the zip file.
    edited 2010-08-10 03:31
    No it didn't survive the new forum changeover.

No file over 63kb did.

I hope they choose to fix this, because I among many other people have worked very hard at uploading quality information, code, examples, only to find that none of them work anymore.

Every day that goes by while these files are broken is yet another day that someone wanted to download a neat example or something, only to find that NOTHING HERE WORKS.

I surprised a practice run wasn't run to find out how to properly prepare the new forum files so the changeover would have gone smoother.

How long before the files get fixed? Or will they ever?
    edited 2020-09-10 08:06
    can't delete pointless links that broke by the forum, break stuff users post and then stop users from deleting the post, like this one.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2010-08-10 07:41
    It is not there. Anyone know where I can get these tools. It is not at the location everyone keeps pointing to.
  • Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2010-08-10 07:43
    We ran several full test migrations before the cut-over. I missed a step in the process and did not reset the file size limits for several file types. The migration tools didn't complain about truncating the files as they were being copied. That was unexpected.

The files will be updated over then next few days to correct any files that were inadvertently truncated.
    Clock Loop wrote: »
    No it didn't survive the new forum changeover.

No file over 63kb did.

I hope they choose to fix this, because I among many other people have worked very hard at uploading quality information, code, examples, only to find that none of them work anymore.

Every day that goes by while these files are broken is yet another day that someone wanted to download a neat example or something, only to find that NOTHING HERE WORKS.

I surprised a practice run wasn't run to find out how to properly prepare the new forum files so the changeover would have gone smoother.

How long before the files get fixed? Or will they ever?
    edited 2020-09-10 08:06
    Jim Ewald wrote: »
    We ran several full test migrations before the cut-over. I missed a step in the process and did not reset the file size limits for several file types. The migration tools didn't complain about truncating the files as they were being copied. That was unexpected.

The files will be updated over then next few days to correct any files that were inadvertently truncated.

Thanks for the great work! We forums members may come across as a bit harsh, but we all know your doing your best!

The first post has the file.
    edited 2020-09-10 08:07
    The first post has the file.
    edited 2020-09-10 08:08
    This feels redundant, but... in case you didn't see it.

The first post has the file, lol.

Bumper ... cars...

No more java applets and java file exception lists... the tools are all contained in the html files.
  • mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
    To save everyone the hassle of downloading and unzipping, I put the tools on the web: etools.surge.sh/ETools.htm

@"Clock Loop" I hope that's ok with you. LMK if you disapprove.
    edited 2020-09-10 12:51
    mpark wrote: »
    To save everyone the hassle of downloading and unzipping, I put the tools on the web.

I don't, but many people like to work offline, like myself, that's why I made it, and figured others would like it.

If people don't mind visiting a 3rd party site for it, thats up to them,
    but it presents the possibility that a 3rd party site would dissappear all of a sudden (life sucks sometimes).
    Also 3rd party sites can integrate harmful code, tracking cookies, IP tracking, ADs, etc...

But you would NEVER do any of that! ;)

The code does have javascript, inside the html files, but there are no applets, or .js files, or anything that requires special java permissions.

Beware, I do not own the code, it was chopped from the internet, so I don't know if that will get you attention,
    if google scrapes your site, and someone sees you have their code on your site. :o
    Just don't point anything in that link back to parallax forums or this thread...

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

(if someone had issue with the code, i would just find another source of similar code, there are a billion)
  • No need for the file, I have a caffeine script that runs in my head along with another called rule-of-thumb.

What do you get when you stick a resistor in both ends of a jelly bean? answer
  • ^@#&^■■▪︎■♤■□■■♧