Woohoo - thanks Ken!

turbosupraturbosupra Posts: 1,088
edited 2010-06-27 03:48 in Accessories
So glad to see a prop scope forum [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Comments

• James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2009-12-29 02:28
    Me too......

I was lucky with the Unannounced Holiday Give away.......a couple of Parallax guys thought I deserved a Propscope.

I am so happy.....it works like a charm. I just tested an I2C bus that I was wondering about it's actual speed. I got a whopping 388KHz from the propscope. That has a little error in it because of the communication. I actually think its right at 400KHZ, which is what I wanted.

It took me a while to get it working, for it has been ages since I have touched an Oscope. User error.....nothing more than just plain out of practice.

I almost cried when I opened the box. It is rare someone touches me so deeply. I love gizmos, so the wife does try, but knows she is going to come up short. She is not technology minded, so she is at a disadvantage.

I love it......and now will use it a bunch. If I were better versed I would write a review on it. I believe it is a great item for the price.

Parallax......you rock.....and so does everyone who works there! I want to also include those people who design products like the Propscope!

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer
    Lil Brother SMT Assembly Services

Are you addicted to technology or Micro-controllers..... then checkout the forums at Savage Circuits. Learn to build your own Gizmos!
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2009-12-29 03:42
    Who's thanking who here?

Clearly, we're nothing special. We did what you asked us to do - open a PropScope forum! Thankfully we have customers to make the business go.

Looks like we've got a couple of new PropScope users in here, too. Should be a good time. I'm looking forward to when people start writing an alternative viewer for Mac or some other OS, or use the TV output to display signals.

Thanks for showing us the way!

Ken Gracey
  • BADHABITBADHABIT Posts: 138
    edited 2010-01-01 20:29
    Clearly, we're nothing special? Are you kidding me?

Come on Ken. I know you don't want to toot your own horn but you can give yourselves a little more credit than that.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    BH skull.gif
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2010-02-26 18:00
    The Chinese say that modesty is a virtue, a quality rooted in Daoism
    and Confucianism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue#Virtue_in_Chinese_philosophy

I cannot say that every Chinese person follows this philosophy.

However, it is truly wonderful that Ken Gracey of Parallax puts this philosophy into action.

If only more people across the world could follow the dignity of his fine example.

humanoido
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2010-02-27 00:58
    Ken Gracey (Parallax) said...
    . I'm looking forward to when people start writing an alternative viewer for Mac or some other OS,
    Ken Gracey
    Whispers MAC and Linux and PDAs

Its to bad the Apple Ipad is so cut down on the OS Side

It could make a super Sweet Mobile
    software based /Scope / PDF data sheet viewer / Sig Gen / logic analyzer / Spectrum analyzer/ " anything "
    Pared with a PropScope and the like devices .

Oh well its a pipe dream .
    Peter KG6LSE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Carpe Ducktum" "seize the tape!!"
    peterthethinker.com/tesla/Venom/Venom.html
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway. —Tanenbaum, Andrew S.
    LOL

Post Edited (Peter KG6LSE) : 2/27/2010 1:03:05 AM GMT
  • stevenmess2004stevenmess2004 Posts: 1,102
    edited 2010-04-18 01:58
    Peter KG6LSE said...
    Ken Gracey (Parallax) said...
    . I'm looking forward to when people start writing an alternative viewer for Mac or some other OS,
    Ken Gracey
    Whispers MAC and Linux and PDAs

Its to bad the Apple Ipad is so cut down on the OS Side

It could make a super Sweet Mobile
    software based /Scope / PDF data sheet viewer / Sig Gen / logic analyzer / Spectrum analyzer/ " anything "
    Pared with a PropScope and the like devices .

Oh well its a pipe dream .
    Peter KG6LSE

Could actually be possible. The usb connector supposed to be used for cameras is also going to be used for some external audio interfaces. I don't know whether apple is going to open the api to everyone but if they do then there's no reason why someone can't write a tool to do this. I'm away for the next week but when I get back I'll look into it. I would need help though because I'm not exactly the best programmer...

Maybe Hanno could look at it?
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2010-06-27 03:48
    stevenmess2004 said...

Could actually be possible. The usb connector supposed to be used for cameras is also going to be used for some external audio interfaces. I don't know whether apple is going to open the api to everyone but if they do then there's no reason why someone can't write a tool to do this. I'm away for the next week but when I get back I'll look into it. I would need help though because I'm not exactly the best programmer...

Maybe Hanno could look at it?

Oh I would sell My soul to see a scope on iOS ( as its now called)Device ..
    Be leave me there is a HUGE market In the Community College realm . nearly every student here has a IpodTouch Ipad or I phone .
    It would please me to no end to dump the SLOW ELVIS/PC system we have in labs for bread boarding .
    in a Ideal world I could Freze then copy paist to a . DOC to do a lab write up and then send the compleated lab or what not to a Printer to turn in to get a grade .OR PICBRIDGE the captured JPEG to a USB or BT printer ...

Peter KG6LSE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Carpe Ducktum" "seize the tape!!"
    peterthethinker.com/tesla/Venom/Venom.html
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway. —Tanenbaum, Andrew S.
    LOL