Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Goertzel-based speech "recognizer" (now with source code) — Parallax Forums

Goertzel-based speech "recognizer" (now with source code)

Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
edited 2011-05-11 06:33 in Propeller 1
This is pretty much just a tease for now. I'm not even posting source code yet. But I'm curious to see what kind of accuracy people might get with the attached binary. It requires a Propeller demo board and an attached NTSC monitor. That's all.

When run, you will be prompted to say the words, "left", "right", "forward", "reverse", and "stop" three times each. Then you will be asked to say any of these words, one at a time. After each utterance, each word will be displayed with three scores, one for each training template, and a decision algorithm will determine which word you said. That's it. Nothing fancy. You can even substitute different words during training, if you like: e.g. their equivalents in another language, say, or the digits "one" through "five".

Try it at different microphone distances. It's easiest to watch the monitor if you're not bent over the board speaking directly into the mic. I'm typically leaning back in my chair with the board on the bench.

Anyway, enjoy, and report back if you think it's worth pursuing further.

Thanks,
-Phil

Update: Deleted the binary and added source code.

Post Edited (Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)) : 9/4/2009 11:52:33 PM GMT

Comments

• SciNemoSciNemo Posts: 91
    edited 2009-09-02 19:58
    The progress that people on this forum have been making on this topic in the last few weeks is amazing. I've got to try out some of these programs.

I've got a working implementation of the goertzel algorithm that is written in the processing environment if anyone wants another example for this kind of approach.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Not the fish.
    sites.google.com/site/bitwinproject/
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2009-09-02 20:01
    If only I had a demo board cry.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve

Propeller Tools
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2009-09-02 20:17
    I was wondering if the "wizards" were working in the background... [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Looking forward to testing this tonight after work.

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Visit the: The Propeller Pages @ Warranty Void.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2009-09-02 22:42
    Yet another gem from Phil! What part of Area 51 do you work in?

I have worked with it for the past half hour.
    What I have noticed is "left" and "right" are not recognized about 50% of the time after training, or "right' is read as "left" a lot of times. Forward, Reverse, and Stop are almost spot on 98% of the time. Might it be that the sampling time of a one syllable word is too short? But then Stop is one syllable but has a lot of different dynamics than Left and Right .

Going to play some more and see if I can get a better response pattern written down.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-09-02 22:49
    hover1,

When training it on "right" and "left", try extending the length of your pronunciation, and emphasize the "l" and "r" sounds. That will provide a more detailed template. When testing, every utterance is stretched to fit the template, so the more detailed the template the better.

A firend of mine stopped by this afternoon, so I had him try it with templates trained on my voice. It got about 75%, not counting the "say again, please" responses.

-Phil
  • CounterRotatingPropsCounterRotatingProps Posts: 1,132
    edited 2009-09-02 22:57
    Cool, Phil

do the filters have (or need) moving center frequencies ?

Another thing I've been wanted to ask - how do you get those spectragrams you've posted recently, what software or machines do this? - they look very detailed.

thanks much
    - Howard

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2009-09-02 22:59
    Gee Phil, you have created Machine Intelligence <grin>
    And congratulations !!!

BTW - You might consider posting the mic circuit for anyone interested to build onto their boards - I am thinking especially the Prop Protoboard. (yes I know they could find it in the demo board circuit diagram)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Links to other interesting threads:

· Home of the MultiBladeProps: TriBladeProp, RamBlade, TwinBlade,·SixBlade, website
    · Single Board Computer:·3 Propeller ICs·and a·TriBladeProp board (ZiCog Z80 Emulator)
    · Prop Tools under Development or Completed (Index)
    · Emulators: Micros eg Altair, and Terminals eg VT100 (Index) ZiCog (Z80) , MoCog (6809)
    · Search the Propeller forums·(uses advanced Google search)
    My cruising website is: ·www.bluemagic.biz·· MultiBladeProp is: www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2009-09-02 23:19
    Got it. Stretch the sampling time, software adjusts.

Just realize I had a 20” ventilation fan running in the window 2 feet from the demo board. Sure to be injecting some noise. More tests..

Must get better Mics in my studio hooked up to demo board.

Jim
    Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) said...
    hover1,

When training it on "right" and "left", try extending the length of your pronunciation, and emphasize the "l" and "r" sounds. That will provide a more detailed template. When testing, every utterance is stretched to fit the template, so the more detailed the template the better.

A firend of mine stopped by this afternoon, so I had him try it with templates trained on my voice. It got about 75%, not counting the "say again, please" responses.

-Phil
    edited 2009-09-03 01:36
    Cluso99,

The mic circuit is is included with the Demo Board and shown in the Demo Board schematic.

CounterRot,

The filter center frequencies are fixed at: 300, 424, 600, 849, 1200, 1697, 2400, and 3394 Hz. This is a logarithmic progression. 'No particular reason for it; it just seemed like the right way to do it.

-Phil
    edited 2009-09-03 03:14
    About 90% accuracy here. Nice job!

It gets a little confused on "reserve" and "stop" Listens better than the kids! [noparse]:)[/noparse]

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

edited 2009-09-03 03:42
    I wonder how a set of kids would listen with different ages?

Perhaps 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 ?
    Maybe 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17 ?
    Or even 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21 ?

Not exactly off topic [noparse]:)[/noparse] A Fibonacci inspired sequence might work nice for frequencies. Consider the fractal nature of the conch shell design and other natural patterns.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve

Propeller Tools
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2009-09-03 04:04
    Mic circuit from the Demo Board

(saves anyone having to find it)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Links to other interesting threads:

· Home of the MultiBladeProps: TriBladeProp, RamBlade, TwinBlade,·SixBlade, website
    · Single Board Computer:·3 Propeller ICs·and a·TriBladeProp board (ZiCog Z80 Emulator)
    · Prop Tools under Development or Completed (Index)
    · Emulators: Micros eg Altair, and Terminals eg VT100 (Index) ZiCog (Z80) , MoCog (6809)
    · Search the Propeller forums·(uses advanced Google search)
    My cruising website is: ·www.bluemagic.biz·· MultiBladeProp is: www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm
    edited 2009-09-03 16:54
    @Phil..

Too soon to start bugging you for source code??? [noparse]:)[/noparse]

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

edited 2009-09-03 17:30
    OBC,

No, of course not! Before I provide it, I need to whip my Goertzel code into a proper object and convert the front-end code to use it. Unless "real work" intrudes — and it might — I could have something by day's end.

-Phil
  • Toby SeckshundToby Seckshund Posts: 2,027
    edited 2009-09-03 19:51
    When I had a chance to play with speaker design, years ago, the ones that followed Fibonacci ratios sounded the sweetest. Built a nautulus pair, which was the best attempt of all, but were big and ugly.

She made me get rid of the masterpieces (Can't live without them, and when you kill them the paperwork is just so tedious)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Style and grace : Nil point
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-09-04 00:44
    Phil this is awesome! I have been running this with the default keywords for about an hour now, and the only one it seems to have trouble with is "right". It predominantly mis-hears it as "forward" and occasionally as "left". I am also eating Jordan Almonds at the moment, and the crunching is occasionally picked up as "left"! smile.gif

It is VERY quiet in here otherwise.

I am REALLY looking forward to the source code for this. Speech Recognition has been one of my great areas of hope recently, although I haven't had the opportunity to play with it much. I was going to buy the VR Stamp, but then the SayIt module was made available by Parallax. My testing with the SayIt module shows the GUI has comm issues with my PC, and the demo code with the built-in default command set ("robot") is much LESS sensitive and responsive than your routine here. I can speak to this routine in a normal and relaxed manner and it accurately recognizes the command more than 90% of the time, whereas the SayIt module only picks up about 1 in 7 trigger word utterances, and then it needs increased volume and significant attention to diction.

I personally think you're onto a great item here, thanks very much for sharing this with us!

Dave

PS., It also likes to interpret my typing on the keyboard as "left"... crunching candy, clicking keys.... "left". Hmmm...
    edited 2009-09-04 01:28
    Yeah, I know what you mean! When I say "single payer", it responds with "left"; when I say "private insurance", it responds with "right". I think I've created a monster!

-Phil

Post Edited (Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)) : 9/4/2009 4:24:11 AM GMT
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-09-04 04:16
    LOL!!!!!!!
  • HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2009-09-04 04:38
    Great job Phil,
    I also got about 90%. Will experiment a bit more- this if fun! My challenge still stands...
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Download a free trial of ViewPort- the premier visual debugger for the Propeller
    Includes full debugger, simulated instruments, fuzzy logic, and OpenCV for computer vision. Now a Parallax Product!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797
    edited 2009-09-04 16:52
    Phil: Why not do the full fft and then look at the power in a few frequency bins? I was just reading about the Goertzel method and it sounds like it's best suited for looking at a only few discrete frequencies...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    My Prop Info&Apps: ·http://www.rayslogic.com/propeller/propeller.htm
    edited 2009-09-04 17:55
    Rayman,

The Goertzel output is the same as a DFT on a single frequency. I picked it because it's quick and easy to compute in real time. The thing you can't do with it, though, is adjust the shape of the passband — only its width. There are FIR and IIR passband filters which might be better suited to this sort of thing. A full-blown FFT is probably overkill, though, and I'm not sure that one could be accomplished on the Prop in real time.

-Phil
    edited 2009-09-04 18:02
    I like the sound of the digital passband approach... That is pretty easy to implement too...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2009-09-04 19:32
    Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) said...
    A full-blown FFT is probably overkill, though, and I'm not sure that one could be accomplished on the Prop in real time.

-Phil
    Ale put up an FFT on the Propeller Wiki. Have you tried that? I would like to see some FIR/IIR examples. Got links?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve

Propeller Tools
    edited 2009-09-04 20:30
    jazzed said...
    Got links?
    This is the best I've seen so far: www.dsptutor.freeuk.com/IIRFilterDesign/IIRFiltDes102.html

-Phil
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2009-09-04 20:52
    Here's an example for a dsPIC written in C.

// Device setup:
    //     Device name: P30F6014
    //     Device clock: 080.000000 MHz
    //     Sampling Frequency: 22050 Hz
    // Filter setup:
    //     Filter kind: IIR
    //     Filter type: Lowpass filter
    //     Filter order: 6
    //     Design method: Butterworth

const unsigned int                                                                                             
      BUFFER_SIZE  = 8;                                                                              
    const unsigned int                                                                                             
      FILTER_ORDER  = 6;                                      
    const signed int                                                                                             
      COEFF_B[noparse][[/noparse]FILTER_ORDER+1] = {                                                        
          0x0351, 0x13E6, 0x31BF, 0x4253, 0x31BF, 0x13E6, 0x0351};
    const signed int                                                                                              
      COEFF_A[noparse][[/noparse]FILTER_ORDER+1] = {                                                        
          0x4000, 0x97AB, 0x7184, 0xBBD5, 0x1AB9, 0xFA3B, 0x0090};
    const unsigned int                                                                                                   
      SCALE_B       = 2;  //                                                              
    const unsigned int                                                                                                    
      SCALE_A       = -1;  //                                                               
    const unsigned int                                                                                                   
      LOAD_PIN      = 8;  // DAC load pin                                                              
    const unsigned int                                                                                                   
      CS_PIN        = 7;  // DAC CS pin                                                                

unsigned int inext;                      // Input buffer index                                     
    unsigned int input[noparse][[/noparse]BUFFER_SIZE];         // Input buffer                                           
    unsigned int output[noparse][[/noparse]BUFFER_SIZE];        // Output buffer                                           

// This is ADC interrupt handler.                                                                  
    // Analogue input is sampled and the value is stored into input buffer.                            
    // Input buffer is then passed through filter.                                                     
    // Finally, the resulting output sample is sent to DAC.                                            
    void ADC1Int() org 0x2A {                // ADC interrupt handler                                  
    unsigned int CurrentValue;                                                                            

input[noparse][[/noparse]inext] = ADCBUF0;                // Fetch sample                                           

CurrentValue = IIR_Radix( SCALE_B,     //                                                        
                                SCALE_A,     //                                                        
                                COEFF_B,     // b coefficients of the filter                           
                                COEFF_A,     // a coefficients of the filter                           
                                FILTER_ORDER+1,// Filter order + 1                                         
                                input,       // Input buffer                                           
                                BUFFER_SIZE, // Input buffer length                                    
                                output,      // Input buffer                                           
                                inext);      // Current sample                                         

output[noparse][[/noparse]inext] = CurrentValue;                                                                   

inext = (inext+1) & (BUFFER_SIZE-1);   // inext = (inext + 1) mod BUFFER_SIZE;                   

while (SPI2STAT.F1 == 1);              // wait for SPI module to finish, if doing something      

LATF.CS_PIN = 0;                       // CS enable for DAC                                      
      SPI2BUF = 0x3000 | CurrentValue;      // Write CurrentValue to DAC ($3 is required by DAC)   
      while (SPI2STAT.F1 == 1);             // Wait for SPI module to finish write                    
      LATF.LOAD_PIN  = 0;                    // Load data in DAC                                       
      LATF.LOAD_PIN  = 1;                    //                                                        
      LATF.CS_PIN    = 1;                    // CS disable for DAC                                     

IFS0.F11 = 0;                          // Clear AD1IF                                            
    } //~                                                                                               

// This is Timer1 interrupt handler.                                                               
    // It is used to start ADC at                                                                      
    //     periodic intervals.                                                                         
    void Timer1Int() org 0x1A {              // Timer1 interrupt handler                               

ADCON1.F1  = 1;                        // Start sampling                                         
      ADCON1.F15 = 1;                        // Start conversion                                       

IFS0.F3    = 0;                        // Clear TMR1IF                                           
    } //~                                                                                               

// Main program starts here.                                                                                                   
    // Firstly, hardware peripherals are initialized and then                                          
    //   the program goes to an infinite loop, waiting for interrupts.                                 
    void main() {                                                                                              
      // DAC setup                                                                                     
      TRISF.LOAD_PIN = 0;                    // LOAD pin                                               
      TRISF.CS_PIN   = 0;                    // CS pin                                                 
      LATF.CS_PIN    = 1;                    // Set CS to inactive                                     
      LATF.LOAD_PIN  = 1;                    // Set LOAD to inactive                                   

// SPI setup                                                                                     
      SPI2_Init_Advanced(_SPI_MASTER, _SPI_16_BIT, _SPI_PRESCALE_SEC_1, _SPI_PRESCALE_PRI_1,                     
                         _SPI_SS_DISABLE, _SPI_DATA_SAMPLE_MIDDLE, _SPI_CLK_IDLE_HIGH,                     
                         _SPI_ACTIVE_2_IDLE);                                                          

inext   = 0;                            // Initialize buffer index                                
      Vector_Set(input, BUFFER_SIZE, 0);      // Clear input buffer                                     
      Vector_Set(output, BUFFER_SIZE, 0);     // Clear output buffer                                     

// ADC setup                                                                                     
      TRISB   = 0xFFFF;                       // Use PORTB for input signal                             
      ADCON1  = 0x00E2;                       // Auto-stop sampling, unsigned integer out               
      ADCON2  = 0x0000;                                                                                
      ADCON3  = 0x021A;                       // Sampling time= 3*Tad, minimum Tad selected             
      ADPCFG  = 0x0000;                       // Configure PORTB as ADC input port                      
      ADCHS   = 0x000A;                       // Sample input on RB10
      ADCSSL  = 0;                            // No input scan                                          

// Interrupts setup                                                                              
      IFS0    = 0;                                                                                    
      IFS1    = 0;                                                                                    
      IFS2    = 0;                                                                                    
      INTCON1 = 0x8000;                       // Nested interrupts DISABLED                             
      INTCON2 = 0;                                                                                    
      IEC0    = 0x0808;                       // Timer1 and ADC interrupts ENABLED                      
      IPC0.F12= 1;                            // Timer1 interrupt priority level = 1                    
      IPC2.F13= 1;                            // ADC interrupt priority level = 2                       

// Timer2 setup                                                                                  
      PR1     = 0x038B;                       // Sampling = 22050 Hz. Value of PR1 is dependent on clock.
      T1CON   = 0x8000;                       // Timer1 ON, internal clock FCY, prescaler 1:1

while (1);                              // Infinite loop,                                         
                                              //   wait for interrupts                                  
    } //~

edited 2009-09-04 20:58
    You could just keep it simple and just do an numerical low and high bandpass filter (I think that's really about the same thing):

http://www.pulsedpower.net/Info/RC/RC_Filter.htm#Numerical_Low-Pass_RC_Filter

I don't imagine this type of thing needs sharp cutoffs and this one would be a lot faster...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2009-09-04 21:28
    That's pretty much what the guy who wrote that aforecited CCINK article did, and he claimed good recognition. All he did was preemphasize the high frequencies and time zero crossings — no ADC involved.

-Phil
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2009-09-04 21:37
    Here's a Bandpass IIR In C

// Device setup:
    //     Device name: P30F6014
    //     Device clock: 080.000000 MHz
    //     Sampling Frequency: 22050 Hz
    // Filter setup:
    //     Filter kind: IIR
    //     Filter type: Bandpass filter
    //     Filter order: 6
    //     Design method: Chebyshev type I

const unsigned int                                                                                             
      BUFFER_SIZE  = 8;                                                                              
    const unsigned int                                                                                             
      FILTER_ORDER  = 6;                                      
    const signed int                                                                                             
      COEFF_B[noparse][[/noparse]FILTER_ORDER+1] = {                                                        
          0x23EB, 0x0000, 0x943E, 0x0000, 0x6BC2, 0x0000, 0xDC15};
    const signed int                                                                                              
      COEFF_A[noparse][[/noparse]FILTER_ORDER+1] = {                                                        
          0x2000, 0xE69A, 0x4E60, 0xD77B, 0x41B0, 0xEE95, 0x1248};
    const unsigned int                                                                                                   
      SCALE_B       = 5;  //                                                              
    const unsigned int                                                                                                    
      SCALE_A       = -2;  //                                                               
    const unsigned int                                                                                                   
      LOAD_PIN      = 8;  // DAC load pin                                                              
    const unsigned int                                                                                                   
      CS_PIN        = 7;  // DAC CS pin                                                                

unsigned int inext;                      // Input buffer index                                     
    unsigned int input[noparse][[/noparse]BUFFER_SIZE];         // Input buffer                                           
    unsigned int output[noparse][[/noparse]BUFFER_SIZE];        // Output buffer                                           

// This is ADC interrupt handler.                                                                  
    // Analogue input is sampled and the value is stored into input buffer.                            
    // Input buffer is then passed through filter.                                                     
    // Finally, the resulting output sample is sent to DAC.                                            
    void ADC1Int() org 0x2A {                // ADC interrupt handler                                  
    unsigned int CurrentValue;                                                                            

input[noparse][[/noparse]inext] = ADCBUF0;                // Fetch sample                                           

CurrentValue = IIR_Radix( SCALE_B,     //                                                        
                                SCALE_A,     //                                                        
                                COEFF_B,     // b coefficients of the filter                           
                                COEFF_A,     // a coefficients of the filter                           
                                FILTER_ORDER+1,// Filter order + 1                                         
                                input,       // Input buffer                                           
                                BUFFER_SIZE, // Input buffer length                                    
                                output,      // Input buffer                                           
                                inext);      // Current sample                                         

output[noparse][[/noparse]inext] = CurrentValue;                                                                   

inext = (inext+1) & (BUFFER_SIZE-1);   // inext = (inext + 1) mod BUFFER_SIZE;                   

while (SPI2STAT.F1 == 1);              // wait for SPI module to finish, if doing something      

LATF.CS_PIN = 0;                       // CS enable for DAC                                      
      SPI2BUF = 0x3000 | CurrentValue;      // Write CurrentValue to DAC ($3 is required by DAC)   
      while (SPI2STAT.F1 == 1);             // Wait for SPI module to finish write                    
      LATF.LOAD_PIN  = 0;                    // Load data in DAC                                       
      LATF.LOAD_PIN  = 1;                    //                                                        
      LATF.CS_PIN    = 1;                    // CS disable for DAC                                     

IFS0.F11 = 0;                          // Clear AD1IF                                            
    } //~                                                                                               

// This is Timer1 interrupt handler.                                                               
    // It is used to start ADC at                                                                      
    //     periodic intervals.                                                                         
    void Timer1Int() org 0x1A {              // Timer1 interrupt handler                               

ADCON1.F1  = 1;                        // Start sampling                                         
      ADCON1.F15 = 1;                        // Start conversion                                       

IFS0.F3    = 0;                        // Clear TMR1IF                                           
    } //~                                                                                               

// Main program starts here.                                                                                                   
    // Firstly, hardware peripherals are initialized and then                                          
    //   the program goes to an infinite loop, waiting for interrupts.                                 
    void main() {                                                                                              
      // DAC setup                                                                                     
      TRISF.LOAD_PIN = 0;                    // LOAD pin                                               
      TRISF.CS_PIN   = 0;                    // CS pin                                                 
      LATF.CS_PIN    = 1;                    // Set CS to inactive                                     
      LATF.LOAD_PIN  = 1;                    // Set LOAD to inactive                                   

// SPI setup                                                                                     
      SPI2_Init_Advanced(_SPI_MASTER, _SPI_16_BIT, _SPI_PRESCALE_SEC_1, _SPI_PRESCALE_PRI_1,                     
                         _SPI_SS_DISABLE, _SPI_DATA_SAMPLE_MIDDLE, _SPI_CLK_IDLE_HIGH,                     
                         _SPI_ACTIVE_2_IDLE);                                                          

inext   = 0;                            // Initialize buffer index                                
      Vector_Set(input, BUFFER_SIZE, 0);      // Clear input buffer                                     
      Vector_Set(output, BUFFER_SIZE, 0);     // Clear output buffer                                     

// ADC setup                                                                                     
      TRISB   = 0xFFFF;                       // Use PORTB for input signal                             
      ADCON1  = 0x00E2;                       // Auto-stop sampling, unsigned integer out               
      ADCON2  = 0x0000;                                                                                
      ADCON3  = 0x021A;                       // Sampling time= 3*Tad, minimum Tad selected             
      ADPCFG  = 0x0000;                       // Configure PORTB as ADC input port                      
      ADCHS   = 0x000A;                       // Sample input on RB10
      ADCSSL  = 0;                            // No input scan                                          

// Interrupts setup                                                                              
      IFS0    = 0;                                                                                    
      IFS1    = 0;                                                                                    
      IFS2    = 0;                                                                                    
      INTCON1 = 0x8000;                       // Nested interrupts DISABLED                             
      INTCON2 = 0;                                                                                    
      IEC0    = 0x0808;                       // Timer1 and ADC interrupts ENABLED                      
      IPC0.F12= 1;                            // Timer1 interrupt priority level = 1                    
      IPC2.F13= 1;                            // ADC interrupt priority level = 2                       

// Timer2 setup                                                                                  
      PR1     = 0x038B;                       // Sampling = 22050 Hz. Value of PR1 is dependent on clock.
      T1CON   = 0x8000;                       // Timer1 ON, internal clock FCY, prescaler 1:1

while (1);                              // Infinite loop,                                         
                                              //   wait for interrupts                                  
    } //~

edited 2009-09-04 23:51
    Source code is now available in the top post.

-Phil
    edited 2009-09-05 03:39
    Thanks for the code Phil!

You have no idea how tempted I am to create a Propeller project which employs this
    object along with your speech object. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

"Propeller, get my coffee."

"I understood 'No'"

"Propeller get my coffee."

"I understood 'left'"

Propeller get my coffee."

"Get your own coffee!"

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?