Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Proto Board? — Parallax Forums

Proto Board?

kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
edited 2006-05-17 21:31 in Propeller 1
I don't know if this has been discussed before, nothing came up with a search. I was just wondering if any thought had been put into a proto board, much the same as the sx one. Obviously, it would be more expensive than the sx, but if it could be done for less than 50 bucks, i think it could be a good seller. The demo board is great, but i would like to have the option of having access to all the pins, and add additional circuits for the external hardware if necessary. And of course, the idea of having a solderable design for permanent use.

kelvin

Comments

• El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2006-05-17 17:12
    The best proto board you are going to get is the Propstick.
    You have tha basic functions needed and yet have access to the full I/O pins.
  • John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2006-05-17 21:31
    I believe the thought to asking for a "proto board" was more along the line of a "prop stick", but with a surface mount Propeller and and a "solder type" prototype area. On the SX, this provides a way to build a "permanent" version of something either for self use, or low quantity "commercial" products. It has the minimal support elements (power connector, SX Key connection, voltage regulator and SX48 chip) all fixed in place. See the following:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=45300

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.

8 + 8 = 10