Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Request an IDE feature - no color when printing — Parallax Forums

Request an IDE feature - no color when printing

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2006-05-08 02:32 in Propeller 1
I am not exactly sure how to do this.

Originally I had thought that the 'Documentation' section was a full listing duplicated in b/w.· But, I copied off the forum·modified Jon's multiblinker to include 5 cogs and there is not much in the documentation section.

I suppose I could copy the full code over to documentation, but it seems to me that many people who enjoy using the color would just prefer to save on color ink costs by having a toggle in the print configuration area.

Also, that would leave Documentation to be what it really is intended for, rather than a redundant copy of the program.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Comments

• GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-05-07 10:35
    Good idea.

I have a B/W laserprinter myself, and if the background colour was transferred to the printout it would be rather unreadable... (I haven't tried printing from the IDE yet)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2006-05-07 14:34
    I have an Epson Color printer 870.

I have the choice of printing in color or just B/W.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-05-07 14:41
    Yes, but do you have to make the choice every time?
    I suspect I will be doing a lot of forgeting AND THAT ink is expensive.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
    edited 2006-05-07 15:02

My .02 here!

If Parallax makes a change to this feature, I would like a check box to turn the color backgrounds on or off. This should make most people happy that have laser or ink jet printers with out the B&W option.

For most print jobs I'll probably will want to print in B&W with no backgrounds, but there may be the occasional time I'll want to print my "master piece code' in color!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike
  • kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2006-05-07 16:37
    You could save the program as a text file and print from there. With notepad turn off wordwrap.

kelvin
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-05-07 18:18
    Maybe, but then you'd have to select the Parallax font manually, if you have used it to draw any graphics.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2006-05-08 02:32
    Hmmmm Upon further playing around, with file printing to a pdf, i found the print select with the ide, unchecking "color print" , only whites out the background behind the text, and still shows the color in the rest of the frame. If i uncheck the " syntax print" without even unchecking the color print, then no color is added. I tried it with my printer and got the same results. I have included the 2 pdf to show the results.

kelvin