Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Tool — Parallax Forums

Propeller Tool

Earl FosterEarl Foster Posts: 185
edited 2006-04-05 02:55 in Propeller 1
Any idea when the Propeller Tool will be made available?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it." - Harold Thruman Whitman

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-04-04 22:46
    What specifically do you mean by tool?

From www.parallax.com/propeller

attachment.php?attachmentid=73735

Pricing and availability subject to change without notice.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    6+6=10 (Long live the duodecimal system)
    417 x 283 - 21K
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-04 22:59
    He's referring to the IDE. It will be ready when it is... we're working hard to add nice features that have been suggested by our beta group.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    edited 2006-04-04 23:00
    Ok Jon, Earl: Jon answered that in this thread: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=579950

Yeah, Im going to have to rewrite some of my objects after the changes, I assume there will be a posting of the changes made.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Earl FosterEarl Foster Posts: 185
    edited 2006-04-05 02:24
    Excuse me!!!!!! Jeff Martin calls it the Propeller tool in his annoucement and so does the N&V article so I thought it was called the Propeller Tool.

And Jon - you could have just said it will be available when the chip ships.

Thanks!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it." - Harold Thruman Whitman
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-05 02:47
    Sorry, we're all just a tad frazzled this moment... we're doing our best to field all the questions while finishing what we need to get finshed so that we can ship product. The Propeller Tool will be posted for download when we ship the DIP chips. We're aiming for May 1st to ship the DIPs, as shown on our web site.

Thanks for bearing with us -- I can promise you, it's a lot of fun (as witnessed by our serious lack of sleep these days).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax

Post Edited (Jon Williams (Parallax)) : 4/5/2006 5:19:41 AM GMT
    edited 2006-04-05 02:47
    Sorry, I just didnt know what you meant. And when I knew; I posted you the link, no harshness meant.

And you are correct the IDE is named Propeller Tool, I just wasn't at my home computer at the time, and we've been calling it the IDE in the public forums.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 4/5/2006 2:55:31 AM GMT
  • Earl FosterEarl Foster Posts: 185
    edited 2006-04-05 02:55
    NP - long days for everybody - Thanks

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔