Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Nuts and Volts April Issue is on the Internet — Parallax Forums

Nuts and Volts April Issue is on the Internet

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2006-03-22 18:16 in Propeller 1
Just arrived.· You can take a look at the front cover and read 5-6 pages of Propeller's debut.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Comments

• CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2006-03-18 15:22
    I could not find the info on the propeller, would you happen to have the page numbers?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Who says you have to have knowledge to use it?

I've killed a fly with my bare mind.
  • inakiinaki Posts: 262
    edited 2006-03-18 20:27
    CJ the one in the N&V site is still the March issue. Kramer says this informaion comes in the April issue.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-03-18 21:26
    FYI you need to be a paying subscriber of Nut and Volts magazine and sign up for internet delivery.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,547
    edited 2006-03-18 21:41
    Forrest,

Can you visit back issues electronically? My first issue was July of 96, and I have most of them to date.
    I keep saying to myself that I will scan the pages of interest for a personal electronic library, but I never do.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • currentccurrentc Posts: 17
    edited 2006-03-18 21:44
    The online version of the April issue is out. If you look on the web site just above the back issues you can get a free copy.

I don't see any mention of the propeller. The Stamp applications article is about RFID tags and I could not find any other mention of the propeller. I even did a word search on the entire magazine, nothing.
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-03-18 21:55
    Are you certain that you're reading the April number?

It has the propeller, with the demo-board setup picture on the front and all.
    (The same as you can find on http://www.parallax.com/propeller/ )

And on page 16 there's an article 'Stamp Applications: A new Spin on embedded control' by jon Williams.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2006-03-18 22:16
    the issue for free is the april 05 one, that explains a lot

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Who says you have to have knowledge to use it?

I've killed a fly with my bare mind.
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-03-19 00:11
    Nuts and Volts just started the electronic format a few months ago - $19.95 per year for the online version only. The print version is $24.95 per year - I subscribe to the print version. The free issue Nuts and Volts is giving away is the April, 2005 (not 2006) issue.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-03-19 05:50
    This is it ==> THE PROPELLER DEBUT
    Nuts and Volts, April 2006 on-line subscribers; Pages 16-20 and the Blue Front Cover.

Frankly, I prefer the Print Version as there are limitations with the on-line interface that bug me.

But, my printed versions have failed to arrive in Taiwan even when I pay a huge postage fee. And they come months behind.

Beau, I cannot seem to get into any Archives for Nuts and Volts on-line. Servo on-line provides that. You would have to buy a CD collection.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,547
    edited 2006-03-19 05:56
    Thanks Kramer,

I was afraid of that.... I'll stick with my hard copies for now.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • FORDFORD Posts: 221
    edited 2006-03-21 10:16
    I subscribed and downloaded it, thanks Kramer for letting us know, and thanks Jon for the nicely written article.

Cheers,
    Chris
    West Oz.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-03-22 18:16
    Thanks for the kind feedback, Chris.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax