Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Release Date — Parallax Forums

Release Date

inakiinaki Posts: 262
edited 2006-03-02 23:56 in Propeller 1
I heard about March as the release·month·for Propeller starter kit.·Any delays expected·?
By the way, I cannot remember where I heard that·! smilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-02-28 21:24
    Because you didn't -- not from a Parallax employee, anyway. tongue.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • inakiinaki Posts: 262
    edited 2006-02-28 21:26
    Well, in that case, I will stick to the Hydra release date that will be before summer. If Hydra release is before summer, should not be the Propeller kit released some time earlier ? smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • KenLemKenLem Posts: 94
    edited 2006-02-28 21:28
    I'm sure Parallax will let us all know once it's ready for release.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.speechchips.com

Speech & Video IC's for BasicStamps
  • rockin_rickrockin_rick Posts: 32
    edited 2006-03-01 00:22
    Jeff Martin (in thread 'The new controller mentioned in Nuts & Volts' http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=25&m=109582 ) said...

Everyone, we will release additional details as soon as we feel they are solid and we have the time (to take away from development issues) to post it.

Here's more details we can release now: Release date for the Propeller chip: April '06. Pricing is still to be determined.

Rick
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-03-01 05:43
    The problem with product development is that you really want to get it right, you think everything is easy to do, and time marches quickly on.

I can wait. Of course I don't really want to wait until Christmas. But, if I had too, so be it.
    Which would your rather have? A clunky Beta version or a reasonably smooth Premeir version.

Software Writing is very tedious work - a lot of reflections and a lot of testing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Kaos KiddKaos Kidd Posts: 614
    edited 2006-03-01 14:03
    On the subject of the Release date, does anyone know if they are taking Pre-Release orders?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Just tossing my two bits worth into the bit bucket
    KK
    ·
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-03-01 14:54
    When you see the product offered on thier homepage. They do not do pre-orders for every new item though.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
    edited 2006-03-01 15:12
    Good enough...
    I'll have to set my http hound to watch the page for changes [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

KK
    ·
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-03-02 04:09
    Well that should keep you riled up for awhile then since our Marketing team loves to rotate the items that appear on the front page every so often.· That will keep you on your toes and give your web hound a workout.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2006-03-02 04:37
    Chris,

You've finally become a marketing person - nice answer!

Inaki, you won't get an answer from us on a release date. My robotic co-workers are properly programmed to generate unfiltered data on this subject. But I'll tell you that the Propeller Kit will be available before the Hydra Kit. And I don't expect to see the Hydra kit before July/August/September. I think the forum members will have to swim in lack of information for a while. But we're thinking about your needs more than you can imagine right now.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2006-03-02 04:42
    Yeah, try to fosus on what you want and expect to see, rather than when.
    Parallax will use that input to everyone's benefit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • danieldaniel Posts: 231
    edited 2006-03-02 04:58
    Chris Savage (Parallax) said...
    Well that should keep you riled up for awhile then since our Marketing team loves to rotate the items that appear on the front page every so often.· That will keep you on your toes and give your web hound a workout.

If, however, the web-hound was pointed at the Propeller product page (http://www.parallax.com/propeller/), would not that accomplish what Kaos Kid is wanting?

Anyway, as·that is where I'm·now sporatically checking, I noticed Yesterday that there are two newish entries on the propeller page--keyword lists for Spin and Propeller assembly.

Daniel
    edited 2006-03-02 05:03
    Mmmmm.... fresh info!

How about putting a STICKY at the top of the Propeller Forum that points to that directory?
    I suppose that I can easily remember it though.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

• GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-03-02 08:09
    The Categorical listings?

I think they came up sometime during the weekend...

You mean, there are those who doesn't check that page every day?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
    edited 2006-03-02 22:18
    LMFAO~!
    And here I thought most of us were out of Highschool!
    Man, this reminds me of when I got my first IBM... I couldnt wait to get to "work with it"....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

KK
    ·
  • rockin_rickrockin_rick Posts: 32
    edited 2006-03-02 23:56
    Ken Gracey (Parallax) said...
    ...you won't get an answer from us on a release date.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.

Jeff Martin (Parallax employee) posted (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=571084) that it would be April '06... was his post premature?

Rick