Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Upcoming BASIC Stamp Educator's Courses. — Parallax Forums

Upcoming BASIC Stamp Educator's Courses.

Aristides AlvarezAristides Alvarez Posts: 486
edited 2005-07-20 16:12 in Learn with BlocklyProp
To the Educators on this forum,
·
In two weeks Parallax will be hosting an Educator's Course at our main facility in Rocklin, California. This class is special because you can take a tour around our office and meet the "Parallaxians" that develop the material you apply in your classrooms and at our in-house manufacturing facility you can see first hand the BASIC Stamp manufacturing process.
·
We still have room for two more Educators (including home-schooling parents). If you're interested you can enroll at this web page:
http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=BSEC-Rocklin,%20Ca
·
If you reside in the East coast we have two classes available for you convenience on the third week of July. West Moreland, NY on July 18-19 and Keene, NH on July 21-22.
·
Do you prefer warmer weather? No problem. There are two classes scheduled for the first week of August. San Diego, CA on August 2-4 and Carrollton, TX on August 3-4.
·
The complete list and enrollment are available at this link:
http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/edu/courses/registration.asp
·
If you have any questions you can contact me at aalvarez@parallax.com. ·
·
Regards,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Aristides Alvarez
Education and Technical Support Manager
aalvarez@parallax.com
Parallax, Inc. www.parallax.com

Post Edited (Aristides Alvarez (Parallax)) : 6/28/2005 4:57:22 PM GMT

Comments

• Ed StennieEd Stennie Posts: 18
    edited 2005-06-28 17:18
    Hi Aristides, haven't received any more information yet about the Westmorland course but I was wondering who the instructor(s) would be.· Any idea yet?

I'm jealous that those attending class at your location will have the opportunity to tour your facility.· My work occasionally brings me near your location and I was wondering if a brief tour of your facility and a chance to meet some of the support staff might be possible if I contacted you a few days in advance?
  • Aristides AlvarezAristides Alvarez Posts: 486
    edited 2005-06-28 17:44
    Hello Ed,
    ·
    The instructor will be Kris Magri. She'll send an email to the list of enrolled Educators with directions and specific information by July 12.
    ·
    If you need specific information in advance to make travel arrangements you can contact the host, JD MONDRICK [noparse][[/noparse]jmondrick@westmorelandschool.org].
    ·
    About the tour at Parallax, no problem. Just let us know in advance that you'll be coming and we'll schedule it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Aristides Alvarez
    aalvarez@parallax.com
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-06-29 12:33
    Hi Aristides,

I was wondering if any Canucks have made it on to the "educators" list (already certified or on this upcoming course)?

thanks
    s

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://ca.geocities.com/steve.brady@rogers.com/index.html
    "Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • Aristides AlvarezAristides Alvarez Posts: 486
    edited 2005-06-29 16:19
    Hello Steve,

The lists I have don't specify from where the teachers are, but I can confirm that at least three Educators that teach currently in Canada are attending the class in Keene, NH on July 21-22.

Regards,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Aristides Alvarez
    aalvarez@parallax.com
  • robosoccerrobosoccer Posts: 13
    edited 2005-07-20 01:27
    Hi Aristides,

As a home-schooling parent, would I be able to attend an Educator's Course? I see above that you do include home-schooling parents for the course offered at Rocklin, but am wondering if that is an exception for that particular location.

Thanks,
    Bette
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2005-07-20 03:44
    Dear Bette,

Aristides is in New York right now, so I will answer for him. Yes, home schooling parents may attend all of our Educator's Courses.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • robosoccerrobosoccer Posts: 13
    edited 2005-07-20 16:12
    Thanks Ken.

That is great news!

Bette