Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mini Cricket Help Using BS2 — Parallax Forums

Mini Cricket Help Using BS2

pollackpollack Posts: 9
edited 2005-05-20 14:17 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I am currently trying to build the Mini Cricket which you can find in the projects topic under "Mini Cricket (practical Joke)" I am new at using basic stamp 2 i just just want someone to help me step by step to complete this. also is there any programs i need to make when doing this project?

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-05-19 13:46
    Microman171·would be the best person to ask, I would either send him a personal message or post a reply to the mini cricket project to increase the likelyhood he'll see it.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-19 14:11
    Pollack: You don't need anything except the BASIC Stamp editor and the circuit described in the project. Just note that the speaker shown in the schematic is probably a piezo device -- do not connect an 8-ohm speaker directly to the BASIC Stamp.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • pollackpollack Posts: 9
    edited 2005-05-20 12:44
    But the only thing is that i have to use basic stamp 2 as a part of my project so i was just wondering how much of the original circuit do I have to modify?
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-20 14:17
    I don't understand your question. Looking at the circuit, it is a dark detector -- you could eliminate the RCTIME-related components and just create the cricket sound.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA