Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
electronic speed controller from an rc car — Parallax Forums

electronic speed controller from an rc car

voodoofishvoodoofish Posts: 67
edited 2005-04-20 19:50 in Robotics
Is it possible to plug one of these where a servo would go? I've got some old rc setups that I was considering using for my projects so thats why I'm asking....

thanks,
Mark

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-04-19 23:10
    From what I just read, it appears they can be used since the input is PWM, however if you do not have technical documents on your ESC it may take considerable trial and error to get it right. Basically you'll need to find what the period of the PWM expected is. Since servos are also part of an RC system, its quite possible the period for the ESC will be the same as a servo. Second youd need to find what the duty cycle to output corellation is, then you should be able to control it via stamp.
  • edited 2005-04-20 19:50
    Hello,
    ··········· If this is a standard RC receiver the output should be the PWM, so as long it is 0 to 5vdc pulse you will bring that right in to an I/O pin·through a 220 resistor on the stamp using the Pulsin command. I did a RC controlled BOE BOT awhile ago and was very easy after I mapped out the min and max values. So then for the speed control you would just send a pulsout.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

Post Edited (sswanson (Parallax inc.)) : 4/20/2005 8:01:18 PM GMT