Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Glossary of Key terms? In the Boe-Bot book? — Parallax Forums

Glossary of Key terms? In the Boe-Bot book?

John Raplee, JrJohn Raplee, Jr Posts: 32
edited 2005-04-08 07:25 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I'm just thinking that maybe having a glossary for key words like "debug" might be a good idea in the Boe-Bot robotics book.. I've been reading it actually for 5 hours straight tonight, and flipping from one book to another get's kinda harsh.· Anyhow is it at all possable in the next revision?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
My Computer Specs
_______
"I had no professional training, I gave it my all, I have no regrets" -William Hung
_______
Enterprisesig.gif

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-04-07 15:48
    Hello,

We have the BASIC Stamp manual·version 2.1 which has a discription and sample code for each command.· The manual is quite large and for us to add it·to all of our educational text, it would be·very·expensive.· However, you able to download the BASIC Stamp manual for free from our website www.parallax.com under ""Downloads" and then "Documentation".

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • edited 2005-04-07 16:20
    In addition to Dave's comments, each new command that appears in Robotics with the Boe-Bot is explained as it's introduced. By working through the book sequentially, and hand entering each program as you go, it should minimize the need to go between books. There is also an index in the back of Robotics with the Boe-Bot that you can use if you need to backtrack and look up a term that was introduced earlier in the text.

If your BASIC Stamp Editor software is open, you can also just click the Help button and look the term up there.· It's much faster.
  • John Raplee, JrJohn Raplee, Jr Posts: 32
    edited 2005-04-08 07:25
    Andy Lindsay (Parallax) said...

If your BASIC Stamp Editor software is open, you can also just click the Help button and look the term up there.· It's much faster.
    !!! I did not know that!· Thanks!!!! yeah.giftongue.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    My Computer Specs
    _______
    "I had no professional training, I gave it my all, I have no regrets" -William Hung
    _______
    Enterprisesig.gif