Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cell-Phone Li-Ion's — Parallax Forums

Cell-Phone Li-Ion's

Robert SchwartzRobert Schwartz Posts: 141
edited 2005-02-24 23:48 in General Discussion
Hey, I recently got a couple dead cell phones with Nokia blc-2 batteries. They have 4 pins. I'm assuming that 2 of them are standard + and - voltages, and the other two are battery moniters, but I was wondering how I could use and recharge these batteries, and what the pins actually do. Thanks.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-02-24 22:00
    It would be good idea to look up the information regarding·size,voltage rating and current specifications·at Nokia if they have it available.· There are programmable battery chargers that will most likely be able to charge these batteries.· We have a Triton battery charger that allow us to program it to a specific current, voltage, and number of cells.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Robert SchwartzRobert Schwartz Posts: 141
    edited 2005-02-24 22:03
    I searched but couldn't find a datasheet. They are 3.6V, and various websites label them as either 850 or 950Ah. Would running the battery using only the + and - terminals damage it, or do I have to use the other 2 pins?
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-02-24 22:22
    The 850 0r 950Ah seems a little high, maybe it is 850 or 950mAH instead?· You need to be careful with these batteries due to the fact that if you connect them up incorrectly they can explode.· I would either check out other cell phone batteries that are similar and see if you can find a data sheet or I would·recycle them.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Robert SchwartzRobert Schwartz Posts: 141
    edited 2005-02-24 23:48
    Oh yeah, missed the m in maH [noparse]:)[/noparse]. Can't find any datasheets for any nokia battery, and the pinouts may be different for other brands. Guess it goes to the recycling bin.