Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ADXL202 and Basic Stamp — Parallax Forums

ADXL202 and Basic Stamp

glasoglaso Posts: 38
edited 2005-02-14 16:43 in Robotics
Does anyone know how to interface the ADXL20JE (not the evaluation board) with the basic stamp. I need some esquematics to know tha value of the capacitors (pin 6 & 7) and the resistor.

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-02-14 14:43
    Hi glaso,

I've used the ADXL210 and believe they're pretty much the same.

Here's the datasheet that covers both.· If you go to page 7 of the datasheet, there are 2 tables for your C and R values (C for bandwidth and R for pulse period).

I've also included a quick pdf on interfacing the ADXL to the stamp.

I thought I had another one....but apparently I don't.· Will have to search the 'archives' (aka. junk pile!).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://members.rogers.com/steve.brady
    "Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • glasoglaso Posts: 38
    edited 2005-02-14 15:00
    Thank you very much for the info. Steve, it was very usefull, but I'm still not sure about the best value of the capacitors to fit the BS2. I'm not sure about the recommended frecuancy for the BS2. I will use the accelerometer for a Self Balancing robot
  • MacGeek117MacGeek117 Posts: 747
    edited 2005-02-14 15:09
    Guys I know you think I should open the .pdf files, but me Acrobat isn't working. What is
    a ADXL210?
    bugg

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I think I know what I'm doing...
    ...Maybe...
  • MatthewMatthew Posts: 200
    edited 2005-02-14 16:04
    I think it's a tilt sensor.
    edited 2005-02-14 16:13
    It's an accelerometer.· Measures differences in g (gravity) as it's moved.· So you can tilt it and it would output a different signal corresponding to its tilt angle.

I use them at work for vibration sensors on a radar (gear train shudders when it's -30degC and the grease is like toffee...mmmm, butterscotch!).

You can also do some math and determine velocity (beyond me, but it's doable).

As overkill, I'd like to use one in my Jeep for when I'm wheelin'.· Would let me know my side tilt in the cab.·

If you have an airbag in your car, then you have an accelerometer (of one type or another).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    "Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • glasoglaso Posts: 38
    edited 2005-02-14 16:20
    Any idea on the best values for the capacitors and the resistor to
    determine frequency and T2 duration of the PWM output?

regards!!
    edited 2005-02-14 16:43
    How often do you want to sample?

This would determine the Rset resistor for the pulse period.· I used 68.2Kohms as we needed a 0.5mS period so that we could take 30measurements and send out a data string every half second.

As far as caps go.· I used the Eval board, so I don't remember what came on that (check Analog's site for info).· Oop, found a print out for their Eval board.

What package is your sensor?· is it surface mount?

The Eval board uses 2200pF caps for the X/Y filter lines (C1 and C4) and it's up to you to add C2 and C3 (for bandwidth).

Go to http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0%2C2877%2CADXL202%2C00.html

That's the direct link to their page with your sensor.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve