Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Knob sources — Parallax Forums

Knob sources

Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
edited 2005-01-13 17:10 in General Discussion
I am looking for a jog shuttle knob (a circular knob with an off center indent on the surface) for a 6mm shaft (1/4") with a 1.5mm notch (or alternatively with a set screw). Anyone know of a good source of knobs?

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 1/12/2005 11:55:59 PM GMT

Comments

• Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-01-13 03:40
    This company has a wind range of knobs, and if the top left picture is to be believed, that have what I think you want. But the web site is really lame.
    www.alpha-products.com/Products/Knobs/knobs.html

This surplus site has a bunch of knobs, including a couple that look like what I think you want:
    www.surplussales.com/ShaftHardware/Knobs-5.html

Jim
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-01-13 05:39
    yeah something like the Collins main turning knob in the second link, but $20 it aint worth. I was in the process of sending a message to the alpha-products website, but stopped. I always have really bad experiences with companies which require you to inquire. As soon as they hear "independent inventor" and I only need one unit for a prototype, its as if I don't exist. I found this: http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=310&item=KNB-164&type=store·which doesn't have a thumb dimple but it is the correct fit and should work fine enough, plus its only a·dollar.·And since I need to order some D-Sub assemblies from them anyways I'll just tack it on. Thanks for your effort.

Paul
  • Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-01-13 17:10
    Yeah, I thought $20 was a bit steep as well. There used to be a guy that sold stick-on speed dials for the tuning knobs on ham rigs. He always had a bunch of them on Ebay. I checked, but couldn't find any listed. Maybe he gave up.