Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My Boe-Bot is retarded — Parallax Forums

My Boe-Bot is retarded

hokienick3838hokienick3838 Posts: 5
edited 2004-12-16 04:31 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Help me now· on the IR pins because i put the tape on the floor but my boe bot keeps going straight out the door.
·

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2004-12-15 18:39
    Robots all start out retarded. It is programmer's who must teach them a better way.

Does your BOE-BOT have a line sensor? The 'normal' IR sensors on the BOE-Bot read reflections of close objects -- I don't think they sense tape very well.
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2004-12-15 19:41
    Hello,

You may be able to build a shroud around your sensors to block out the reflective light.· I've used paper in the past and it works great.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2004-12-15 20:29
    I really have nothing of value to add....I just couldn't stop laughing when I read the subject!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://members.rogers.com/steve.brady
    http://www.geocities.com/paulsopenstage

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."

• edited 2004-12-16 04:31
    Are you working from Robotics with the Boe-Bot? ·If so, the sensors are viewing the stripe from a distance, and success depends on following the instructions in Chapter 8, Activity #3 very carefully.· There is some sensor testing and tuning that has to be done before running the example program.··Robotics with the Boe-Bot is available for free download from www.parallax.com -> Downloads -> Stamps in Class Tutorials.·
    ·
    If you are using one of the up-close detectors, such as the QTI Line Follower AppKit for the Boe-Bot or the Line Follower Module, each of these kits also has instructions for testing (and tuning in the case of the module) the sensors to make sure they are working before running the line following code.·
    ·
    In any case, let us know which system you are using along with the details of your setup, and we'll take it from there.

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay) : 12/16/2004 5:57:18 PM GMT