Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
saving a post on personal PC — Parallax Forums

saving a post on personal PC

ionion Posts: 101
edited 2004-12-08 16:42 in General Discussion
Hi,
What I need to do to save a post which i like to my PC.
I found many interesting posts, but when i need it again i have to look in the whole group to find it.
It is not always simple to remember.
Some of the post, have aditional info not related directly to the post but useful
Can i email to me the whole post ? How ?
Thank you
Ion

Comments

• kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2004-11-21 18:49
    Well, i am not forum support, but i just use the file/save as complete web page and can view again offline with my browser. pretty sure most browsers support this. And you will have to rename it to the subject you want when saving. Or the harder way is to copy/paste text from a post to a program like notepad, word, etc. kelvin
  • ionion Posts: 101
    edited 2004-11-26 04:09
    Thank you Kelvin.
    It exactly what i do now but it is a pain .................
    First, i come here to check forums once or twice a week. Long delay and lots of posts and reply. So i spend an afternoon reading them. I found on the replys , a lot of interestings facts, which i do not need them now, but i consider to look at them later. It is a lot of time consuming, to store or copy oll of them.
    On top of that i start going on the old yahoo archive. So you can see my point.
    I am surprise that nobody from Parallax had the curtesy to look at it and give a solutions or just a plain answer "Not at this moment, but we are working on it."
    Ion
    edited 2004-11-28 08:36
    Kelvin,
    I appreciated your first answer and I thank you for it.
    But now, looks like my question, it is a subject of problems. Please consider this post closed.
    If you have 40 years PC experience and know how to save the post as a web page (with all the files and folder) it is good for you. I have only 20 years on PC business and I will not load my HD with all the unnecessary pictures, tags and the entire HTML as bonus. I will wait 20 more, to get to your level, and save just a plain text, but without copy and paste.
    Some other forums, not Parallax, have the option to email the content of a post as plain text.
    Some others, not.
    Please consider the question closed, and do not spend time to reply as I am not interested anymore.
    I was looking for answers, which can help me, and not for guidance on style or writing.
    If you do not know the answer, or do not understand the question, why bother to comment on it or reply?
    I am convinced know how smart and intelligent you are, so it is no need to prove it to me again.
    PLEASE keep your future comments just for you.
    Regards
    Ion George
    ·
    P.S. For your info, English it is not native language, so maybe I have a communication problem. I will look on it.
  • Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2004-12-08 12:22
    Most browsers have a feature that allow one to send the current URL as a link in an email. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can select File->Send->Link by Email... to achive this. In FireFox, you can select File->Send Link... to send the page link to yourself. We don't renumber the messages, so the links you save will work for as long as the message remains in the forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.
    edited 2004-12-08 16:42
    Thank you very much Jim

Ion