Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Robot Component Suggestions — Parallax Forums

Robot Component Suggestions

QuorsavQuorsav Posts: 5
edited 2004-10-12 17:02 in Robotics
I am looking for a few devices and hoping that a few of you can suggest components that you've worked with in the past that work well.

I am looking for:

a robust dual motor controller. Something that can handle decent amps.

some kind of chipset that can hold a bunch of data, large matricies and such.

Some way to manage power in my robot by using solar cells and rechargable batteries.

Thanks for the help, ~Q

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-10-12 11:59
    Define "decent amps," "bunch of data," and "large matricies" -- these subjective terms mean little to engineers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • QuorsavQuorsav Posts: 5
    edited 2004-10-12 16:51
    yes, I realize these are not defined very well. I am an engineer myself. I was just hoping that people would post some items that they have success with. Decent amps would likely be around 2 amps per motor. A bunch of data is less clear. I just would like to create a system that would be able to store numbers in say a 100x100 matrix. so 10000 numbers, at 4 bits each, so 40000 bits or 5k bytes. That would be a minimum.

While I'm at it, just a quick question - What is the largest array of 1's and 0's that I can use in the BS2e?

Thanks
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-10-12 17:02
    RAM or EEPROM? You can create an array of Bits in RAM and use as much space as you have available. The BS2e also has 63 bytes of Scratchpad RAM that could be treated like a big array of bits (63 * 8).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office