Good products when you can get them. — Parallax Forums

Good products when you can get them.

okay_in_oilokay_in_oil Posts: 5
edited 2004-08-04 13:19 in General Discussion
This is Monday, the second of August.
·
To All:
·
Nothing else has brought any type of resolution or response so I thought I would try this forum.
·
Recently, I purchased a small number of items from Parallax and when the package arrived, I found that one of the ordered and paid for parts was missing. I contacted Parallax via e-mail, (info@parallax.com as shown on the top of my invoice), and, upon receiving no response, contacted them via e-mail a second time five days later – still no response.
·
I must say that I am surprised that any company would treat their customers in this manner. It is true that I am not a large-volume purchaser so Parallax will not miss my business but, given the good operation of their products, I will miss theirs.
·
I believe I have acted in good faith with Parallax and I do hope they can get their act together in this most important aspect of their business. I am glad the missing part only set me back $29.00.
·
Has anyone else out there been treated in this manner?
·
Bob

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2004-08-02 23:01
    Trust that you are the exception to the rule if you have been overlooked!

These guys will more than likely contact you....we all misplace things....

They appear like a Ma&Pa shop by the way they interface with us in the forum/list but they are a busy business....so, don't give up on them....just drop a couple more lines and they'll get ya eventually.

I'm in no way affiliated with Parallax, except as a user/client/purchaser....· But have had great interaction with them!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Steve
    http://members.rogers.com/steve.brady
    http://www.geocities.com/paulsopenstage

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2004-08-02 23:12
    Hello,

I apologize for the missing parts and the e-mails that were never responded to.· My name is·Dave Andreae and I work in tech support.· I will be glad to replace any parts that were missing from your order.· If you could give me your order number and the parts missing·and e-mail it to dandreae@parallax.com .· I will personally take care of this matter.· You can also contact me by phone at 1-888-997-8267.· Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Dave
  • Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2004-08-02 23:37
    Bob,

Info@parallax.com was getting mis-routed inside Parallax. That issue has been corrected. E-mail sent to Info will reach the correct mailbox now.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Jim
    Parallax IT Dept.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2004-08-03 00:39
    steve_b said...

Trust that you are the exception to the rule if you have been overlooked!

These guys will more than likely contact you....we all misplace things....

They appear like a Ma&Pa shop by the way they interface with us in the forum/list but they are a busy business....so, don't give up on them....just drop a couple more lines and they'll get ya eventually.

I must concur...In all my orders, which is quite a bit, I've only had one thing missing, and it was sent out in a hurry to me.· Of course, I called, not e-mailed...Messages in e-mail can get lost in cyber-space.· But I would attest to Parallax's second-to-none customer support.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Knight Designs
    324 West Main Street
    P.O. Box 97
    Montour Falls, NY 14865
    (607) 535-6777
  • okay_in_oilokay_in_oil Posts: 5
    edited 2004-08-03 03:31
    This is Bob, the originator of this topic, and all of the positive support makes for very good reading and it instills a good measure of confidence. Yes, I will contact Parallax by e-mail, (I have a thing with phones), about my small shortage and I am sure this was a mistake. I would like to thank everyone for their positive input.

Bob
  • Kevin B SlaterKevin B Slater Posts: 49
    edited 2004-08-03 10:42
    Bob,
    I will also add to the positive comments about Parallax. I have also had an order short, was just the rubber band tires for a BOE-BOT, but they sent them to me 2nd Day Air when I emailed them. Also had a defective JavelinStamp that they also sent me a replacement the same way. In the future I would suggest if you don't receive a response from them within a short order to try another avenue as you did here. I swear it seems like they have responded to my emails within minutes. I know that's not possible but they do have excellent customer service, I wish every company I deal with, was like Parallax.

Kevin
  • okay_in_oilokay_in_oil Posts: 5
    edited 2004-08-04 00:21
    This is Tuesday, August third.

To All:

Since I am the one who started this topic, I feel that it is only right that I inform those who are reading this about how things have progressed.

For one thing, all who submitted responses to this had nothing but positive things to say about Parallax – pretty much along the lines of “you wont be cheated” – and this was very good to hear.

Also, Parallax has been in touch and I’m sure everything will work out fine.

I have had many transactions over the web and I am happy to say that I have yet to be sorry for any of them.

I appreciate the interest shown by the members of this forum and Parallax’s willingness to resolve this issue.

Truly,

Bob
  • Ken CracasKen Cracas Posts: 1
    edited 2004-08-04 13:19
    Don't forget that sometimes anti-spam filters by companies could tag your email as a spam and not let it in. I know one of my email address gets marked by several companies. But I am not saying this happened to you.
    Just something to think about nowadays.