Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
will someone please reply to this message, email notification has not yet worke — Parallax Forums

will someone please reply to this message, email notification has not yet worke

danieldaniel Posts: 231
edited 2004-07-27 10:56 in General Discussion
the subject says it all.

Daniel

Comments

• edited 2004-07-23 18:56
    Are you subscribed to this thread?
  • LullamLullam Posts: 2
    edited 2004-07-23 18:56
    E = mc2
  • danieldaniel Posts: 231
    edited 2004-07-23 19:12
    Yes, I am subscribed.

I received now one notification marked as 'sent' at 2:57 pm.

I am set up in timezone GMT-5, but did a whole hour pass from the time that replies were posted till the notification was sent?

Does the 'Notify me of reply postings' need to be checkes for each subsequent post, or does doing it once subscribe for the entire thread?

I did not check it for this response.

Daniel
  • edited 2004-07-23 19:36
    I am set up in timezone GMT-5, but did a whole hour pass from the time that replies were posted till the notification was sent?

The server is in California, so it is set at GMT-8. IF you're GMT-5, then the 2:57PM time stamp would be within a minute of the reply to your post. I don't think you get notified of your own posts.

Does the 'Notify me of reply postings' need to be checkes for each subsequent post, or does doing it once subscribe for the entire thread?

The subscription applies to the entire topic (thread).

It's 12:34 on the left coast right now. You should get a notification about this post stamped at around 3:35 PM in your time zone. Let's see if that is what happens.· I'll bet we have a Daylight Savings time issue at one end of the other.
  • danieldaniel Posts: 231
    edited 2004-07-23 19:47
    It's now about 3:46 by my computer's clock, the reply-notification is timestamped as sent and received at 3:36.

My machine was last synchronized with time.windows.com on 21-JUL-2004, and the local computer settings are for GMT-5 with daylight savings automatically adjusted for.

I noted in the profile settings only one Eastern time, and it included Bogota.

In my WinXP system, there are three GMT-5 settings, Bogota, Indiana, and Eastern time.·

I just ran a time synchronization, and the new time was just a few seconds different from the old time.

Daniel
  • edited 2004-07-23 20:11
    You found a bug in the dotNetBB software. It doesn't deal with DST. We wouldn't see the issue for a few months if we had launched the site in November. I have a patch and will begin testing it shortly.
  • JinxJinx Posts: 3
    edited 2004-07-27 10:56
    Can you hear me now?