Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Attaching a file — Parallax Forums

Attaching a file

KenMKenM Posts: 657
edited 2004-07-25 16:26 in General Discussion
Attaching A File To Your Post
If enabled by the forum administrator, you can add a file attachment to your post.

What does it take to attach a *.bs2 file to basic stamps groups or a *.src file to the SX group?

I see Jon Williams uploaded a file. I have found that pasting the code into the message portion of the post loses formatting making the code awkward to read.

Ken Mathis

Comments

• edited 2004-07-25 15:07
    Jon uploaded the source as a .txt file. The .src, .bs1 and .bs2 extensions will be added later today.
  • KenMKenM Posts: 657
    edited 2004-07-25 15:15
    Thank you,

Also, one wish list item or advice........

Is there a way to search for uploaded files?

For example, as previously mentioned, Jon attached a file. Subsequently I went to look for that file (not remembering which thread it was in) and now I cannot find it. Of course I could look through every thread, but that obvioulsy will not work well as the number of subjects grows.

So, is there a way to search for "all" uploaded files, or all uploads by an author?

Ken Mathis
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-07-25 15:42
    Actually, I just pointed to a .BS2 file -- I didn't rename it.· If we are having to approve specific extensions, we'll want to make sure the following list works to accomodate all Parallax customers:

.BS1
    .BS2
    .BSE
    .BSX
    .BSP
    .BPE
    .JAVA
    .SRC
    Forum Administrator said...
    Jon uploaded the source as a .txt file. The .src, .bs1 and .bs2 extensions will be added later today.
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-07-25 15:51
    Maybe we should have a "Files" forum where authors can post files with a short description.· This won't stop people from attaching to standard messages, but it may help keep files in one place.
    KenM said...

<snip>

So, is there a way to search for "all" uploaded files, or all uploads by an author?

Ken Mathis

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
    edited 2004-07-25 16:01
    When you wrote "pointed to it" was that from the screen shot below?

attachment.php?attachmentid=73957

PS. Back by popular demand.....nice picture...Jon, I had no idea you did some acting....
    579 x 195 - 9K
  • edited 2004-07-25 16:05
    I just looked at the uploaded attachments list, and I stand corrected. Jon did upload a .BS2 file. I have to look at how this board handles MIME types. The types we have already specified should work for all of the extensions listed. Time for me to do some off-line testing.... [noparse][[/noparse]sigh]
    edited 2004-07-25 16:05
    Well that screen shot did not work......anyway, the method I attempted to use to upload a .bs2 and .src was to use the attachment manager, then browse to get the file. The message I recieve is:

* You cannot upload files that use MIME type : text/plain.

Anyway, not an urgent matter at this moment. I am sure the IT guys/gals have there hands full at the moment with more pressing items regarding this list.

Ken Mathis
  • edited 2004-07-25 16:10
    >>* You cannot upload files that use MIME type : text/plain.

Ken,

I just added that MIME type. If you don't mind, can you try uploading that file again?
    edited 2004-07-25 16:19
    Your "fix" worked for me.

I jsut uploaded a .bs2 into the basic stamps list and a .src into the sx list.

Thanks for the speedy result....

As Jon mentioned, a files only section for each group would be cool, when things calm down and you have time to work on that.

Ken Mathis
  • edited 2004-07-25 16:26
    I'm pleased that it's working for those source files. Fixing this issue was simply a matter of adjusting the MIME type list. Ok, truth be told, it was easier to just fix it than to document it for later yeah.gif