Femto Basic for P2 <deleted> — Parallax Forums

Femto Basic for P2 <deleted>

hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
edited 2021-01-06 05:51 in Propeller 2
Now irrelevant since there is already a P2 FemtoBASIC thread:
https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/171453/femtobasic-for-p2/p1

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    I thought Mike had femtobasic working on P2 a while ago. Search for a thread.

I added a dump routine to jonnymacs jmfullduplexserial routines in spin2 and they work with flexprop. Maybe this will help?
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
    edited 2021-01-06 00:58
    I heard a hint to such in but my searches in the forum didn't reveal any version for the P2. Also there were SOOOO many threads that referenced FemtoBasic for the Propeller ranging from 2007 to 2013, I thought I would start a thread that could be THE place to talk about FemtoBasic, including getting binaries and such for the P2. If you find another, please let me know.
    edited 2021-01-05 21:04
    Found with simple search
    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/171453/femtobasic-for-p2/p1
    Something went wrong with pasting the link on my iPad.
    OK. Why didn't my search reveal that. Can you post the search URL?
    I should probably delete this thread then too.
    Just searched “femtobasic for P2” in the forum search window. I actually misspelled it too.
  • Regrettably, I lack the required skills or I would be porting Micromite BASIC over to the Prop...It is under constant development and has now been ported to several platforms.
    However, I am happy to run a Micromite device as a front end to the Prop.

The simplest device is the PIC32MX170 and can be had, ready-loaded with the interpreter for ~$6

If you search for "FemtoBASIC" you don't get to the P2 version until the 3rd page. If you select by Date it does show up half way down the page. If, on the other hand you clicked on "Femto BASIC". where it says "Did you mean: Femto BASIC" you don't get the "FemtoBASIC for the P2" for the first 6 pages, even if you sort by Date. So that is apparently how I got thrown off. "Powered by Google" was less than helpful. Lesson learned.
    Mickster wrote: »
    Regrettably, I lack the required skills or I would be porting Micromite BASIC over to the Prop...It is under constant development and has now been ported to several platforms.
    However, I am happy to run a Micromite device as a front end to the Prop.

The simplest device is the PIC32MX170 and can be had, ready-loaded with the interpreter for ~$6

Years ago I looked at porting it to the P1. The P2 would be much easier with Eric's compiler.
    But we can run MSBASIC under CPM :)
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Years ago I looked at porting it to the P1. The P2 would be much easier with Eric's compiler.
    But we can run MSBASIC under CPM :)

Sure you can, but it is a LOT slower, right? Does Micromite have graphics drawing commands? Most BASIC's I have tried aren't as good as I remember C128 basic being.
    If one adds a lot of graphics modes and drawing commands to FemtoBASIC, is it still femto?
  • Sure. The P2 is bigger (memory) and faster than the P1. Relatively speaking, it's still Femto. Have a look: forums.parallax.com/discussion/171453/femtobasic-for-p2/p4.